Updated Roster

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What weight is Shamire Shooting for? If he can a) be quick and fast and b) have enough endurance to play every down, I guess it doesn't matter.

Has a post-camp depth chart been released yet?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I wonder if these are post camp weights. If so, I could see these numbers being 5 lbs heavier by 9/3. Shamire gained a pound...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I assume he's not playing end at that weight?
From all the quotes we've heard from Ted Roof this offseason I think we're going to be shooting for a more attacking scheme, more along the lines of what you see at VT than UGA. Look at the DEs that have starred for VT, I'm pretty sure a few of those guys haven't been much more than 215-220. We have the beef in the middle and at the other end spot, it's not crazy to have a rush end that's a little lighter and quicker.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
PJ davis up around 230, and Alexander already to around 230. That is STOUT for guys their height.

Other interesting weights:
Jordan up to 215
Erin Joe at 307 (that's trim for him)
Harland Howell is 217!
Trent Sellers 242 (was worried he would come in closer to 225)
AJ Gray at 212. Any chance he grows into a LB?

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
From all the quotes we've heard from Ted Roof this offseason I think we're going to be shooting for a more attacking scheme, more along the lines of what you see at VT than UGA. Look at the DEs that have starred for VT, I'm pretty sure a few of those guys haven't been much more than 215-220. We have the beef in the middle and at the other end spot, it's not crazy to have a rush end that's a little lighter and quicker.

LSU also, They like to have DE 210/220 range and fast

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck

I trust Roof knows what he is doing, that just seemed real light at 6-5. If he has some hands he could help at WR :)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Every coach who has ever had him indicates he is a sack machine.

A lot of QBs can dodge that first rusher or shuffle to another location to buy some time. IMO a lot of times Whitehead will get a sack when he is not the first man there. When the QB is forced to move Whitehead will be close and at that point he gets off the block and has the quick and the reach to drop the QB for a sack. He is like a bear after you. Dare not run!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure that VPI plays with a couple light weight DEs. I hear that Roof has a different philosophy, but why not look to see how Bud Foster does it. Last year, I wish we had used 3DL more often because of our lack of depth and decent linebackers.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone concerned by the lack of beef on our backup O-linemen?
Nope, I'm extremely confident in our OLs ability to control a game. There was a recent article in the AJC where Sewak talks about using a 7-8 man rotation on the line, and I feel our guys in that rotation will be very capable.