Updated Roster

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I guess if they aren't on the list, they didn't gain? i.e. didn't see, Tyson Meiguez, Vaipulu, or Rankins in there. I know from some earlier video shared on the board that Meguez was currently looking more like a DB than an LB. Hopefully we won't slow down to much, but the extra beef will make us not get pushed around the field as much as last year.
I saw on another site a claim that not all of the freshman numbers have been updated fwiw.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody else feel a little uneasy about Charlie Thomas switching to DB? I know he didn't have prototypical LB size, but he was by far our best playmaking LB last year(no, not Curry). We also have a ton of talent at DB already without him, and I don't know if he's really needed there.

Also, I know BJS was an awesome RB in HS and could very well be really good at RB this season, but I don't get that position change either. There's only so many carries to go around, and RB is by far our deepest position; Mason, Jamious Griffin, Gibbs, Dontae Smith, and then BJS. I always thought Bruce was a pretty solid LB, and we have so little depth there. It's been one of our worst position groups since the Nealy, Attaochu, and Watts years, and I just think BJS may be better suited there. I hope I'm wrong.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody else feel a little uneasy about Charlie Thomas switching to DB? I know he didn't have prototypical LB size, but he was by far our best playmaking LB last year(no, not Curry). We also have a ton of talent at DB already without him, and I don't know if he's really needed there.

Also, I know BJS was an awesome RB in HS and could very well be really good at RB this season, but I don't get that position change either. There's only so many carries to go around, and RB is by far our deepest position; Mason, Jamious Griffin, Gibbs, Dontae Smith, and then BJS. I always thought Bruce was a pretty solid LB, and we have so little depth there. It's been one of our worst position groups since the Nealy, Attaochu, and Watts years, and I just think BJS may be better suited there. I hope I'm wrong.
I have similar concerns for both, but gotta trust that these guys know what they are doing with these changes and they have a vision. Lets see how it plays out.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Who are our linebackers listed on the roster?

also, just because we’re listing Charlie Thomas at DB doesn’t mean he might not line up at LB in some packages. As the season progresses we may throw him in there more if we have a weak LB core

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I mean we run a 4-2-5 so we'll only have 2 linebackers on the field during a majority of the game. Charlie fills that Nickel spot well with Kaleb Oliver. As for LB, we have Curry, Howard, Knight (who's going to be a beast), Jackson, Evans, Wright, Meiguez, Franks, and probably Kennard too. We'll be fine there, just young.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My main takeaways from the new roster are:

• I like it that the guys who didn't need to gain weight - especially Mason and most of the RBs - didn't. I'm not too thrilled with Griffin going up to 218; his main talent is his speed. But you never know.

• I'm not so thrilled with so many players gaining so much weight. If a player gains over 15 lbs or so in the off season, I'm always apprehensive about them. Some can do it without a loss of flexibility - I'm not worried about Quinney putting on 20, for instance - but I'd rather see more gradual weight gains. But, again, you never know what'll happen when they reach the field.

• I was pleased to see that Camp the Younger continues to grow, that Maye looks like he is ready for duty, and that Charlie Clark and Minihan have grown a little. I share the good feeling about Ivey too. If he can avoid injury, then he'll contribute. Clayton also looks good; I hope he also avoids injury.

• And I still don't think we'll play 11 games, even if the season doesn't shut down completely. Too bad that so much effort will probably end up on the sidelines for half the projected season or more.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
“Wing-Tee” doesn’t require the size and weight that “Pro-Spread” does ;).

But at 6’7” 300+, Green will be an absolute menace in a year or 2. It will be fun having an OL that actually looks like they belong on the same field as UGA and Clemson.
Finally.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone checked the roster for missing names? CGC hinted that people would notice some names not on the roster during his press conference.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
My main takeaways from the new roster are:

• I like it that the guys who didn't need to gain weight - especially Mason and most of the RBs - didn't. I'm not too thrilled with Griffin going up to 218; his main talent is his speed. But you never know.

Griffin is fast, but I believe he will be the strongest runner on our roster, so I don’t mind the weight gain. He was benching 315 9 times in high school.