Upcoming announcement for stadium renovations? Found these advertisements newly posted around Bobby Dodd.

crayfish895

Georgia Tech Fan
20241002_162836.jpg
20241003_121807.jpg

As you can see, they're concept arts showing a fully seated stadium and a new jumbotron/scoreboard. Looks to be something with the AT-Fund called Full Steam Ahead. Maybe an announcment coming during the game Saturday?

Attachments

• 20241002_162836.jpg
    20241002_162836.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 123

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 16914 View attachment 16916

As you can see, they're concept arts showing a fully seated stadium and a new jumbotron/scoreboard. Looks to be something with the AT-Fund called Full Steam Ahead. Maybe an announcment coming during the game Saturday?
wonder how much that would further decrease capacity? Already have the decrease from the seating removed for the new "Edge" building.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan

More like full seat ahead.

I hope they don't put seats in the student sections to be honest.

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
More like full seat ahead.

I hope they don't put seats in the student sections to be honest.
Consolidate the south end zone/north end zone student sections into 114-124 to create a better atmosphere and keep them bleachers. UGA gives their students tickets up to the 30 and we can too.

Rest of the lower bowl + upper east/upper west should be seatbacks. Find some other way to incentivize south end zone tickets since they can't see the jumbotron. Maybe some kind of supporters' section?

Upper north maybe should just stay bleachers since the marginal benefit is low, at least until we start filling the UN regularly.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Consolidate the south end zone/north end zone student sections into 114-124 to create a better atmosphere and keep them bleachers. UGA gives their students tickets up to the 30 and we can too.

Rest of the lower bowl + upper east/upper west should be seatbacks. Find some other way to incentivize south end zone tickets since they can't see the jumbotron. Maybe some kind of supporters' section?

Upper north maybe should just stay bleachers since the marginal benefit is low, at least until we start filling the UN regularly.
We already sold out the north student section this season, it was even nearly full for VMI in the rain. This is the highest demand for student tickets we've had in 10 years.

I think they can turn the south end zone into some hospitality space with food and drink and just forget about trying to fill it up with fans. Even when the student tickets are sold out in that section it doesn't fill up because the students with tickets in that section would rather try to sit somewhere else with a better view.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We already sold out the north student section this season, it was even nearly full for VMI in the rain. This is the highest demand for student tickets we've had in 10 years.

I think they can turn the south end zone into some hospitality space with food and drink and just forget about trying to fill it up with fans. Even when the student tickets are sold out in that section it doesn't fill up because the students with tickets in that section would rather try to sit somewhere else with a better view.
This was his point. Our student ticket allotment total is great, but why are we placing the allotment in the south end zone when students clearly don't want to sit there?

Nice sleuthing btw @crayfish895 - first-on-the-scene hard hitting journalism here! The chairbacks play has been needed for a long time and I love that they are gold. I wonder if GTAA has chatted w/ Syracuse about how their chairback reno has performed and decided to move forward with this plan.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
This was his point. Our student ticket allotment total is great, but why are we placing the allotment in the south end zone when students clearly don't want to sit there?

Nice sleuthing btw @crayfish895 - first-on-the-scene hard hitting journalism here! The chairbacks play has been needed for a long time and I love that they are gold. I wonder if GTAA has chatted w/ Syracuse about how their chairback reno has performed and decided to move forward with this plan.
Yeah I think if GT can keep up the student interest that they should take over sections 121-124 and maybe even 221-223 for students. If your season tickets are in those sections sorry 💀

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Was about to put this here. I’m on campus now and saw this in the stadium. And they had Andy talking about it over the speakers inside. I think they’re doing some launch event in there right now.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
wonder how much that would further decrease capacity? Already have the decrease from the seating removed for the new "Edge" building.

When North Carolina added seats, it reduced their capacity from 60,000 to 50500 or 9500 seats according to AI. This is a reduction of 15.8% They used 22-inch seats. I think UNC added seats throughout the stadium or it appears that way on TV.

Based on that info: BD Current capacity--51913 x .158 =8202 seat reduction. Resulting capacity would be 43711. Obviously, an estimate since I don't know the current width of our seats (I think 16 or 18 Inches) or the width or UNC's original seats.

This based on adding seats to the total stadium. I doubt GT would add to the upper north.

Last edited:

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
When North Carolina added seats, it reduced their capacity from 60,000 to 50500 or 9500 seats according to AI. This is a reduction of 15.8% They used 22-inch seats. I think UNC added seats throughout the stadium or it appears that way on TV.

Based on that info: Current capacity--51913 x .158 =8202 seat reduction. Resulting capacity would be 43711.

This based on adding seats to the total stadium. I doubt GT would add to the upper north or South stands.

Seats are better anyway. It is better to create demand as well I'd rather we didn't have enough seats than too many.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Based on that info: BD Current capacity--51913 x .158 =8202 seat reduction. Resulting capacity would be 43711. Obviously, an estimate since I don't know the current width of our seats (I think 16 or 18 Inches) or the width or UNC's original seats.

This based on adding seats to the total stadium. I doubt GT would add to the upper north.
Just doing the lower bowl would be very nice, IMO.