Uniforms for Thursday night vs UVA

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Saw an image on Jordan Williams instagram story a few days ago that had the team practicing in our traditional gold helmets. Normally the team wears the helmet they'll wear in the next game in practice, so this most likely means we will wear gold helmets!
I would have thought with your new found authority to gain access to all football facilities, even the HC office, that you would do some more deep dive investigating into this. :)

JacketFan137

Banned
There weren't many people watching Duke/GT but those who did were ooh'ing and ahh'ing at our gold jerseys. Why not just break those out now that we're on national television so everyone else can ooh and ahh who missed it the first couple go arounds?
if we could fix the numbers on our jerseys i think they would be some of our best ever. a lot of my non tech friends love our color ways just hate the number font

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
"Black watch" needs to be retired for good never to be seen again.

Too late to announce whiteout WWW, and idiot Collins decided to waste it at UCF already anyways. It's almost as if someone decided not to do it at all in advance because they knew nothing would unite the fans outside of a firing.

For a Thursday night game when everyone is watching we should be on brand. GWG. WGW distant second.

We already wore blue once this year, once is exactly how much they should be used.

In the late 90s during Key's time as a player, we wore GWG 99% of the time. Did wear GGW in the 99 Gator Bowl vs. Miami.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
"Black watch" needs to be retired for good never to be seen again.

Too late to announce whiteout WWW, and idiot Collins decided to use it at UCF already anyways.

For a Thursday night game when everyone is watching we should be on brand. GWG. WGW distant second.

We already wore blue once this year, once is exactly how much they should be used.

In the late 90s during Key's time as a player, we wore GWG 99% of the time. Did wear GGW in the 99 Gator Bowl vs. Miami.
Collins was actually smart for all white vs UCF, it gives us an advantage in the florida heat. Regardless, I'm disapointed that we aren't in GWG or all white.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
4CD6A484-789F-472D-A54F-5D2CC5CE1787.jpeg
Best GT football uniform of all time. Just sayin.

FolkHall

Georgia Tech Fan
With all of the technological advancements in every industry since those days, it boggles my mind how our chosen vendor struggles with this in 2022...and how/why we allow them to get away with it.
Nike has the same problem... ugag has had grey pants for the past 10+ years when they were know for silver pants.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I really don't have a thing about which uniforms we wear when except...why do we always choose navy when the other team has blue as one of their colors and gold when the other team has that color as well? It's a thing. Like if we were playing FSU at home, we'd wear gold. Why do we not try to stand out more? I know the other team has to wear white, but navy is still one of UVA's primary colors, right? It is just odd to me and a pattern, so I wondered if anyone could shed light on it. To create confusion?

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I really don't have a thing about which uniforms we wear when except...why do we always choose navy when the other team has blue as one of their colors and gold when the other team has that color as well? It's a thing. Like if we were playing FSU at home, we'd wear gold. Why do we not try to stand out more? I know the other team has to wear white, but navy is still one of UVA's primary colors, right? It is just odd to me and a pattern, so I wondered if anyone could shed light on it. To create confusion?
I think we chose navy this time because it’s a big night game, also since it’s only the second time this year we’ve worn it. We probably go back to G/W/G when Miami comes to town.