UNC's Jan Kemp

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I love this whistleblowing and investigative stuff. MORE PLEASE. Until the hypocrisy becomes unbearable or the world ends, whichever comes first.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hope this gets bigger "stink" going to help clean up some of this.

Jan Kemp's actions helped improve the education actually given - or attempt there of - to UGA athletes.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
This stuff is disgusting however because it's UNC and they control the conference thru Swofford does anyone really think something will happen? At least something meaningful? Given the NCAA's track record of selective enforcement I doubt it and I think most people are so jaded to the corruption of college sports that the average fan just doesn't get excited about this stuff anymore.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Hope this gets bigger "stink" going to help clean up some of this.

Jan Kemp's actions helped improve the education actually given - or attempt there of - to UGA athletes.

except when the basketball coach's asst coach son gave a ridiculous final that hit the internet

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Thought UNC would've handled this a lot better than they did.

In addition, Willingham says her research on the students in the athletics programs that make money for the university was done based on screenings that the university itself paid for. And, she says, she has gotten permission from the university several times since 2008 to access those findings to continue her research.

"It's already available to them," Willingham said. "It's in their system. ... They have all the data and more. It belongs to them, and they paid a lot of money for it."
I think this is so ironic yet still hilarious. :hilarious:

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Carolina showed a lack of Institutional control, and all they got or will get is a slap on the wrist. It looks like the only thing Carolina cares about is that **** can run...run...run, while Sally cheers from the sidelines.

I wonder if my brother (unc grad) will throw his diploma in the trash basket.

Lex, no worries mate :)

Last edited: