UNC Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, lets see if I can go 2-0 in introducing ACC series.

UNC is 2-8 against top 50 RPI teams. And 18-2 at home, so they've played easy teams mostly.

UNC is skidding. Lost the last three ACC series - swept by @Miami (like everyone it seems), lost at home to VT and lost @ L'Ville. Also lost last night to NC A&T. They've given up about 9 runs a game in April. Their Sunday starter is doing the best of all weekend starters.

Huff and Grissom are likely to start. And maybe Finateri but he pitched an inning last night.

So on paper we look good and I think we take the series. We need it to get back to 500 in ACC play in our 6th of 10 ACC series.

1649855534433.png

1649855299325.png

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Looks like listening to WREK this weekend.

Both 7-8 in ACC, one is going to be at or above 500 and the other struggling to stay out of the wrong side of the NCAA bubble.

They steal more and more effectively than we do. We are not good at stopping stealing - Parada/ our pitchers caught 5 of 29.
1649970963608.png

They have a 2.0 run ERA advantage. We have scored 322 runs in 34 games (9.5/game). They have scored 199 in 33 games (6.0/game). So we score 3.5 more runs a game. Since our SoS is 3 while UNC is 30, our run advantage on paper is larger adjusting for SoS.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's the ACC only ERA averages so far. We are ok in so/9 but awful in bb/9.

Below 4 is a stretch, but UNC doesn't hasn't had (til we get there) the best offense. We have to lower our ERA to get back in the conversation for better than a low 3 seed. 11 consecutive NCAA appearances without advancing is not good.

1650021920512.png

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Here's the ACC only ERA averages so far. We are ok in so/9 but awful in bb/9.

Below 4 is a stretch, but UNC doesn't hasn't had (til we get there) the best offense. We have to lower our ERA to get back in the conversation for better than a low 3 seed. 11 consecutive NCAA appearances without advancing is not good.

View attachment 12317
Saw a projection for tournament yesterday... had Ga Tech as #2 seed in Knoxville traveling to #1 overall seed Tennessee. That would not be ideal.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I've been meaning to mention it... now seems like a good time. Our belt buckle game is a 10 out of 10!!

How do I get one of those? Would go great with my old gold 80s BIKE coach's shorts, right? 🤣🤣🤓

Original (now deleted) Tweet was clearly meant to be a secret. #OpenTheKimono

1650049542818.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Glad we won. But seriously we aren’t going anywhere in post season with this pitching the way it is right now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad we won. But seriously we aren’t going anywhere in post season with this pitching the way it is right now.

True. But maybe the pitching will get better. I have no facts to support that hope six weeks from now. But that's all we have.

An ugly win beats an ugly loss. How does UNC feel now? We are back to 500 in the ACC. Just win tomorrow.