UNC Postgame

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
SMH. That was a butt whooping. The worst thing is we lost both Seniors on O.

I must say that Cooper did a nice job after Freddie went down. I am hopeful JT and Freddie aren't too banged up.

Our Defense continues to struggle mightily.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2016-11-5_15-49-49.png

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The O left too many opportunities on the field.

JT getting injured is worrisome for our bowl chances.

Butker still struggling from right hash.

Roof should be fired before the sun comes up tomorrow.
The "Leaky Roof" gave up well over 600 yards and 48 points. That will get any team beat opportunities on offense not withstanding. Good Lord, they gave up 250 yards in the first quarter alone. Worst performance by a Tech defense in a while. The effort was NOT there. This is what happens when you don't or can't recruit.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
6 TDs and 2 FGs on 9 drives? If the Swillings are only coming here to play for Uncle Roof, then they might need to start shopping around. I just don't understand how we're that bad on defense. We had talent and depth this year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
In a few short years, we have gone from contenders to bottom dwellers competing against the Dukes, Wakes, BC's, etc. to see who finishes in 5th place.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our D puts way too much pressure on our O. They have to be perfect to win. Ted Roof needs to go now. I don't care if we lose a few recruits. The program is more important than individual players. It's everything with the D. Scheme sucks. Linebackers (coached by Roof) are ineffective. Secondary is soft (because of scheme) and plays too far off. Tackling is the worst I've seen in years. All of this falls back on coaching with the D. The O is nowhere close to being the problem but the 2 fumbles were bad. It didn't matter though. Never would have stopped them.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I would think Paul is weighing his DC options. ELlis Johnson was his first choice when he hired Wommack. He is available now as a LB coach at USC. However, he makes more than Roof as a LB coach, so....

Jmonty71

Banned
The O left too many opportunities on the field.

JT getting injured is worrisome for our bowl chances.

Butker still struggling from right hash.

Roof should be fired before the sun comes up tomorrow.
I agree. However; CPJ nor the program have the balls to fire him. They will keep him on, to ruin yet another bowl year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Bad defense. Bad turnovers. Bad game. Hopefully we beat UVA cause we desperately need the extra practices that come from the bowl season

We definitely DO NOT need our S/As exposed to ANY of these coaches any longer than necessary.

That is what is killing these young men.

Real programs do not worry, in this "everyone with a heartbeat goes to a bowl" environment, about going to a meaningless bowl game.