1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

UNC @ GT Tuesday @ 7PM

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by crut, Jan 28, 2019.

1. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

thanks for that blackout map. of course i'm in the middle. so if i understand correctly the acc network's purpose is to take away all of out acc games if we don't pay for some overpriced crazy neew service??

2. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

well, hope that ice won't keep nas,roy and teammates from checking out their favorite nightspots in the ATL. fun to see ole nas and roy get an infraction just to see how the ncaa can develop a new plan to bail them out.

3. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

UNC does shoot the 3 better than Duke - but so does everyone. They are like UNC has been since they started playing Luke Maye major minutes. They will play a double post offense at a high tempo but with one of the posts really being a stretch 4 - and a good one. Big difference versus Duke is Brooks, Manley or Maye are not going to be nearly as good as Duke was at sealing and pinning AD and Banks really deep in the paint. It hasn't been part of Nasir's game either. So the issue for them on offense is whether Cam Johnson (most likely) or the Cobey/Leakey guys will go off from the corner. It will look a lot more like other teams attacking our zone and less like Duke bully balling the block.

We will sell out the offensive boards to get back on D, UNC is even better on the boards than Duke - especially on the offensive side so everyone has to rebound, and they do move the ball well so the zone has to be really active. But like us (not as bad as us) they are prone to turnovers and they don't play elite defense.

So there is a shot - we can't let them run, have to hold them down on D and hope for a bad shooting night. That I think we can do. We have to find a way to manufacture some points against them and hope they give us some turnovers for easy buckets. That I am less optimistic about. They are not as consistent as you would like - they have really good games and not so good games. Here is to the not so good.

4. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

UNC on the offensive glass is what nightmares are made of.

Stinger90 likes this.
  5. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

My unschooled impression is that UNC just tries to outscore you....not really play much defense.

of course, we don't play much offense....so....

AUFC and LargeFO like this.
  6. gtpi

gtpi Helluva Engineer

vpn has worked for me so far ...

7. connell62

connell62 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

It looks like living in the burbs is going to cost me a trip to the game tonight...This rain will turn into ice this evening once the temp drops essentially shutting down some of the roads.

Any chance that they would move the game time up a few hours? LOL. Anyone looking for tickets?

8. Fatmike91

Fatmike91 Helluva Engineer

Yep. I don't think we'll sneak up on them this year.

This is a tough game for us, I believe tougher than Duke right now.

Unfortunately I think this is a game where UNC gets into the 70's.

We can always hope Roy forgets to tell his team they will be going up against a zone...

/

9. gtgaas

gtgaas Jolly Good Fellow

I am not a meteorologist, but it appears the latest forecasts have the rain/snow ending at noon - followed by sunny to partly cloudy conditions with a 9-12 mph wind. Hopefully the roads will dry out.

10. ESPNjacket

ESPNjacket Helluva Engineer

This. It should be dry before it is cold. This is looking like a non-event for frozen water.

ramblinjacket likes this.
  11. connell62

I need to get one of you two on the phone with my wife...lol

12. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

UNC -11 right now
    Haslam has it 78-68 UNC
    Kenpom 76-68 UNC

13. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

Super dry day (week) work-wise. 2 meetings this afternoon and itching to get over to McCamish!

14. wreckrod

wreckrod Helluva Engineer

I don't see us scoring 68 unless Alvarado AND someone else are just on fire from 3.

15. ESPNjacket

ESPNjacket Helluva Engineer

I doubt there will be moisture on the ground after 3 or 4. Let her know that the air won't freeze and that you heard it from an expert.

:D

slugboy and Peacone36 like this.
  16. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

UNC plays at a high tempo - lots of possessions with a lot more open court opportunities than most teams. They give up 75 PPG in ACC games. So 68 it not out of the question unless we are successful in slowing their tempo way down from their normal style. They are really good at pushing tempo so I think it will be higher scoring than we are used to.

17. crut

crut Helluva Engineer

Anyone got any tickets they are looking to get rid of?

MySouthernJacket and boger2337 like this.
  18. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

FWIW I had to take my wife to an appt this afternoon. The interstates are completely dry. Not a speck of water on them.

19. connell62

I’ll be there screaming my face off tonight and hoping for the best!