UNC GAME THREAD

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He just doesn't seem to be able to coach a decent offense. If he doesn't realize running that high post Princeton is too easy to defend in the ACC , it will be a long long season. When he has gone to a dribble drive with his PG penetrating, we have been pretty good in the past. This is supposed to be a good shooting team so where are the screens and kick outs. Not sure where we stand on his contract but that was a miserable performance today. Batt needs to start his list.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
One of the reasons for the big deficit was rebounding. They had 43, 12 of which were offensive. We only had 22, and only 1 of those was on the offensive end. Howard had that OREB, but he only had 2 rebounds total in 25 minutes. Can’t win many in the ACC like that. Sorry to just be regurgitating stats, but it‘s maddening.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Besides the 21 rebound advantage, they also made 10 more FT than we attempted.

Screenshot_20221210-184714.png

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
He just doesn't seem to be able to coach a decent offense. If he doesn't realize running that high post Princeton is too easy to defend in the ACC , it will be a long long season. When he has gone to a dribble drive with his PG penetrating, we have been pretty good in the past. This is supposed to be a good shooting team so where are the screens and kick outs. Not sure where we stand on his contract but that was a miserable performance today. Batt needs to start his list.
Again we all in the forum recognizes this, but staff hasn't.

JacketBacker

Georgia Tech Fan
Lack of offense sets for us ..... led to momentum build for them they went on a 10-0 run b/c we can't scrap that Princeton Offense
Wasted $350 on this sh-t show. $80+ for each of three tickets, plus concessions and gas. Saw exactly one other Tech fan at the game besides one of the guys I was with. I’m a Pastner fan (though I often as myself why) and he looked clueless on the sideline. Guys in and out ad nauseum. No sense of rotation. I know Franklin and Smith suffered in-game injuries, but we looked discombobulated. On the bright side…I LOVE Jalon Moore. He got game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Smith, Moore, and Franklin have been the heart of the team so far. Jalon can be all ACC some day if he continues to develop. He showed flashes last year but has really moved his game up this year. I expect Coleman to come out of whatever funk he is in. He may be adjusting to his role as a starter.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1st- Smith is a cool place. Huge but a nice atmosphere. For UNC. Not for visitors. The game was lost in the final 3 minutes of the 1st half. Bacon and Davis just killed us.

2nd I hope Franklin and Smith are OK.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
1st- Smith is a cool place. Huge but a nice atmosphere. For UNC. Not for visitors. The game was lost in the final 3 minutes of the 1st half. Bacon and Davis just killed us.

2nd I hope Franklin and Smith are OK.
It seems like RJ Davis goes off on us every time.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Seemed like when Coleman and Kelly started heating up we decided to start jacking up 3s with Smith and Terry. They both have good mid range jumpers but do not have the long leash the other 2 have

Sothron

Georgia Tech Fan
The last five minutes or so of the first half is what killed us. The lack of rebounding and massive free throw disparity just put the dirt on the coffin.

Very unimpressive effort, it must be said, by the team. We were definitely up for the rival game against UGA but it seems we forgot to pack in effort when we went on the road today.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The last five minutes or so of the first half is what killed us. The lack of rebounding and massive free throw disparity just put the dirt on the coffin.

Very unimpressive effort, it must be said, by the team. We were definitely up for the rival game against UGA but it seems we forgot to pack in effort when we went on the road today.
My take is that this season is on the coaches, not the players.

I must admit, it kinda reminds me of football performance wise. Although I've always found Pastner to be a nice guy as compared to TFG. But as far as competency goes.....