UNC GAME THREAD

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Ja’von Franklin ACC coming out party. He’s been working his whole life for these 20+ games - you could see it in the smile he couldn’t hold back when asked about ACC competition in the post-game interview after UGA.

Matchups be damned, if he plays logically but with that fiery passion, he’s going to put up big numbers Saturday.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
A UNC team that has lost four in a row? In Chapel Hill? During finals? After they have had a week of practice? Talk about a nightmare scenario...
I could hear the Oak Island voiceover guy when I read this. In Chapel Hill?!? During finals!?!

GT on the road against UNC. Worked recently. Let's do it again!

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
UNC is a bad matchup for us. We have no counter for Bacot. He could easily get 20 points and 15 rebounds, especially if UNC's shooting is off. Love and Davis are both very good at driving the ball to the basket. If we play man as we did a good bit against UGA they will have a field day blowing by our man defense. Zone defense could work as long as they don't get hot with the corner 3s. Just a tough matchup for us this year. Hope we play our best game as we will need to!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I just hope we don't double the guard off the high ball screen like we did last time we were in CH. I was tearing my hair out watching Devion try to bang with Bacott a foot in front of the goal after he rolled out of the high screen. UNC runs a lot of really eye candy on the perimeter just trying to get switches. I hope we don't take the bait this time.

Not just Bacot but really Nance could be a bad matchup for us if they go high low and put him on the block. This would be the game to see us play both Howard and Franklin if you just want to look at matchups. Not sure we know how to play both of them on the floor on the offensive end??

The upside for us is UNC has not been playing well on the offensive end and if we can stay on their guards they are not running good stuff to get the ball to Bacot.

Ironmike57

Georgia Tech Fan
UNC is a bad matchup for us. We have no counter for Bacot. He could easily get 20 points and 15 rebounds, especially if UNC's shooting is off. Love and Davis are both very good at driving the ball to the basket. If we play man as we did a good bit against UGA they will have a field day blowing by our man defense. Zone defense could work as long as they don't get hot with the corner 3s. Just a tough matchup for us this year. Hope we play our best game as we will need to!
Do we know if Bacot is going to play? The last I saw was that there was no timeframe for his return from his shoulder injury.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I agree, I worry the matchups in the floor do not favor us this game. I have visions of Devion down low wondering when the help is coming.

That said, looking forward to opening the ACC schedule with a win! 😁

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Is @orientalnc going to the game today? You’re in the triangle right?

I went to the Dean Dome last year. It was a fun weekend aside from the actual game result and the snowstorm on Sunday. I’d like to see us at Cameron Indoor next season.

426E7D6B-30ED-40AA-A9DB-0E12B3ED3931.jpeg

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer

I went to the Dean Dome last year. It was a fun weekend aside from the actual game result and the snowstorm on Sunday. I’d like to see us at Cameron Indoor next season.

View attachment 13763
I’m in the Triangle and will be there! Trying to make it a 2 for 2 in-person winter sweep over the Heels.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

View attachment 13763
On my way to Chapel Hill now with two UNC grads. It's a 3 hour trip. Hopefully the ride home will be fun.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Bacot has been injured. Some sort of shoulder problem.