UMissouri vs Arkansas

RamblinRev

Georgia Tech Fan
If this is posted under a new thread I apologize. I looked and could not find it. I am interested in what you think.
Is it better for us if Missouri wins or looses? I know we don't want UGA to be helped and be able to go to the SEC Championship game but would it be better for us if they began thinking about it? Or would it be better if they were disappointed and not as up for our game?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Want Mizzou to win. If Arkansas wins, it allows the "committee" to do some weird stuff with Arkansas given their win streak. It gives UGA even more emphasis to beat us so they could get to the playoff if they beat Alabama. It opens up a door that I DO NOT WANT UGA going through even though they are going to have a lost with us

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It would garner a little more national interest if ACC coastal champ faces SEC east champ. But after further consideration...UGA will likely be more pumped if arky wins

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I can't wait until tomorrow. We are going to win this game and I will be yelling loud and proud THWG in the ears of their fans

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Best case scenario to me is the following....

uga football players end up watching a long, drawn out game. Arkansas gets a significant lead until late in the fourth quarter. Missouri ties the game and sends it into overtime. uga football players go from celebrating to nail biting. The game ends after 3 over times and Missouri comes out ahead. uga players are exhausted from having spent their evening imagining a game with Alabama and potential national glory. In their disappointment they have trouble focusing on Tech.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Minority Opinion: Ark win turns our game into a trap. Mizzou win makes our game their championship game. Seeing our guys' reaction to Duke loss, I wouldn't have wanted them to play the next day.

We're going to win regardless.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What is bad for UGAg is good for us. Mizzou win is bad for UGAg.

Watching the game, the Hogs are in firm control winning 14-6 and getting the ball to start the second half.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What is bad for UGAg is good for us. Mizzou win is bad for UGAg.

Watching the game, the Hogs are in firm control winning 14-6 and getting the ball to start the second half.

Not so fast (Corso voice): Would it be better for us to beat the SEC (at least) east champ or runner up? If you base it on just bad for them, fine, but if you add good/best for us, I think the answer changes.

I'm fine either way, it's not like georgie is getting another win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Real simple. Mizzou win is bad for UGAg and a push for us. I appreciate your confidence in our win, but I'd rather see UGAg screwed now.

Mizzou's ST suck. Just fair caught a line drive punt on the 8 ..... after fair catching one in the first half on the six. Just awful. Don't they still coach to let it go inside the 10???

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Announcer said Trey Flowers had no major offers and visited Arkansas ten days before signing day. Guess Trey or the announcer doesn't consider Tech a major offer! Dude would have been a beast for us if he could have kept his grades up. Oh well...