UMass Lowell

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sorry. All these new guys do not impress me at all. Donā€™t care if we come back to win or lose, 0 for whatever from 3, poor defense and TERRIBLE rebounding. Only decent players are Kelly and Coleman. Gonna be a LONG year.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Sorry. All these new guys do not impress me at all. Donā€™t care if we come back to win or lose, 0 for whatever from 3, poor defense and TERRIBLE rebounding. Only decent players are Kelly and Coleman. Gonna be a LONG year.
We should be better on the boards.
I donā€™t think we are very good, but it will depend on if we can gel and find our core team.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Didnā€™t deserve to win that one. Good shooting by Debo but not enough to make up for the missed FT and cold night from pretty much everyone else.
Defense and boards have to get better.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
That was no fun- great game by Coleman or Tech would have been beat bad. Free throws were the difference.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Poor effort, deebo only one giving effort tonight. Getting out worked on the boards and energy level. We have look unenthusiastic in every game so far, I think CDS laid back attitude is reflected on the team.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
WTF, Stoudamire? Just Game 3, BUT itā€™s the WAY we look. Other than Deebo, we look awful. The SPACING isnā€™t even there, and the FT shooting, my God, I can get 5 buddies and out shoot this team without any warmups. Again, just Game 3, but that was PATHETIC. Any other assessment of it by CDS is BS. He says heā€™s direct, THIS is the time, early in season when you chew into their assess, the asst
Coaches, and mostly, Coach Stoudamire himself. Donā€™t lose the fan base this early in season. This annual BS is SO frustrating. Jeez, ā€œUmass Lowellā€ - wow.

slugboy

Staff member
There are better basketball minds than mine. Hereā€™s what I saw in the second half
  1. UMass Lowell defended hard all night. They clogged the middle. They were smaller, but they defended the rim well
  2. They defended well from outside. We might have been cold from outside tooā€”bad night for Kelly to have a bad night.
  3. We didnā€™t defend well. Maybe the stats say something different, but it looked like they performed better in the paint than we did.
  4. Their guy with the red ā€˜fro went off in the second. Layups, 3ā€™s, he scored from everywhere.
  5. We had them in the second, then we gave up 10 unanswered points. We caught up and passed them, then we gave up the lead again.
  6. Hope Stoudamire gets these guys to play defense.
  7. We looked disjointed on offense. Part of it was UMass Lowellā€™s defense. We kept setting ā€œhalf of a screenā€, which didnā€™t do anything.