UGAg @ GT Prediction Thread

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm traveling today and will be in the airport for quite some time, so I need something to keep me busy. With that being the case, I thought I'd start more discussion on the UGA game. Since we already have this thread, I didn't it made sense to start a new one, so I will put this here.

More "Bold" Predictions:

- Zone Defense: I think that you are going to see us play a lot more defense than normal. With Q in the game at the top of the zone, it creates a lot of problems. Playing a zone should help us keep Mann out of the lane which is where is the most deadly. If we make UGA beat us from the outside, then I like our chances.

- Corey "Truck" Heyward: As dtm as mentioned, I think that we see Corey play a lot in this game. He has been called our best perimeter defender by BG, and I think that we ask him to come off of the bench and slow down Mann. Any success that UGA has this year will be dependent on Mann, and if we are able to slow him down, then our chances increase exponentially.

- Tadric scores double figures in his first game, knocking down a few three's.
- Jorgensen collects a minimum of 5 assist
- MGH stuffs the stat sheet (12-14 points, 5-6 boards, and a couple of dimes)

Since dtm has put out a strict no gambling policy on this game, I thought I'd throw something out there for those us that do enjoy a little action on the games. Disclaimer, these numbers are not from Vegas and are off the top of my head:

- Tadric O/U 9.5 points: I will take the Over. In all the years that I have watched him play, he has generally played his best in the biggest games. I expect him to land somewhere around 10-12 with a few boards in his debut.

- Demarco O/U 7.5 rebounds - This is a tough one. I expect him to be a beast on the boards for us this year, but I'm concerned about foul trouble with him. UGA has size with Thornton and their new freshman, and I suspect that they go at Demarco to try and get a few early fouls. That could change the shape of the game as I suspect that we go to the post early and often, and I think tha the is our best traditional post scorer. I think that many of us are taking for granted that we will win the battle of the boards, but it truly will be a battle. It's going to be close, but I'm going to take the under as I think that Mitchell and Sampson and hopefully MGH and the other guards help give us the edge. Demarco will end up with 6 or 7 boards most likely, if he pulls down 9 or more, then I think that we win going away.

A few more...

- Team Free Throw Percentage - O/U 65%?
- MGH O/U 14.5 points?
- More minutes played: AD or Lammers?
I like tadric with the over, going to need him to score a lot for us this year.
Demarco with the over, the guy is huge and if he isn't in foul trouble should play a lot.
Ft percentage under lol pretty bad that this is probably the easiest one.
MGH gonna be right around that number. Like him just needs a more consistent jumper. Can't see him making that big leap in scoring ive seem people predict until he improves his J. That being said I'm going to go under and say he scores 14.
And I'm going to go with Lammers think it will be close with both getting less than 5. Hoping for a win.
Is jaylen going to be there? Would be nice for a sold out crowd to get a little we want jaylen chant going!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I won't be betting on tomorrow night's game, but I saw that GT was - 3 in one place and - 1.5 in another.

Looks like Vegas is expecting a close game.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
First, Does anyone have some tix they can't use tomorrow night?

The RSN affiliate for Florida is sun sports so it should be on that in Ft. Myers I would imagine.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
if gaines is back much,it will be a MAJOR struggle, I just don't like our chances shooting FTs at end but maybe somebody will "come out" for us

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
All that line says to me is that Vegas thinks UGA will win and ao they set the spread small enough for ppl to say "yeah GT at home could cover 3"

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
WatchESPN is their phone app and video hosting sight for all their networks. One of the things you can watch is ESPN3, which is their internet only channel.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
BTW, if you have Goggle's ChromeCast and want to watch ESPN3 on your TV, there is a little trick required. After you open the WatchESPN window, copy the URL and paste it into the Chrome address window. That will allow you to click the ChromeCast icon and watch on the TV instead of your phone.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All that line says to me is that Vegas thinks UGA will win and ao they set the spread small enough for ppl to say "yeah GT at home could cover 3"

Home court is factored differently in basketball than it is on the football field. To me, I read that line as saying that it will be a nail biter and that they are uncertain about the status of Gaines. Had Gaines been healthy, I think that you would have seen this line be a PK. I've got a feeling that this is going to be a barn-burner. I'm leaving the office early today so that I have a few drinks prior to the game with a friend. Hoping that helps calm the nerves a bit.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
what is the difference between ESPN3 and WatchESPN?

Like @orientalnc said, ESPN3 is the "network" that a lot of stuff is aired on if it's not on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc and WatchESPN is the website/app where you can watch all the ESPN3 stuff for free along with the ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU stuff if your cable provider gets ESPN