UGA’s recruiting class

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
7 Five stars.
The highest rated class recorded by ESPN.
The class that could swing them?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don’t buy into that.

But what I do think is that something this unheard of seems wildly suspect to me. They flipping kids from Bama & Michigan. I smell a rat. The NCAA will be around soon.
Nick Saban's recruiting is starting to slip a bit I wonder if the other schools are asking the kids they're recruiting if Nick will be around when they graduate?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yeah they went all in NC with this class. If they don’t win the chip with this.

Deleted member 2897

They actually now have 8 guys who are 5 stars. 1 school in the entire country got 25% of the nation's 5 star athletes.

And some people wonder why uGA fans are so poor. :cigar:

Rivals only goes back through 2002.

Since then, 17 years worth, georgia has averaged a Top 7 recruiting class.

They've had 10 classes ranked 7th or better.

They've NEVER had a class ranked higher than #15 ever.

What do they have to show for it?

With over 30 arrests in the last several years, a 41% graduation rate, and NFL caliber talent that never sees the field, why would any parents ever let their kids go there? Its totally ridiculous.

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
Top 10 is splitting hairs. They are no different than always. They got the number 1 this time due to the lack of completion for recruits due to down SEC-E and FSU replacing coaches.

Milwaukee

Banned
They crushed the entire nation. It's ok to admit it. We'll still beat them in Athens.

Here's the thing though, they now have expectations and buzz. They haven't had that in a while. Richt brought in classes but his only expectations were to get to ATL for the title game, now they're playing natty or bust.

I'm not the guy to look at my neighbors lawn when my grass is long as well but I think the gap that's been wide for the last decade is about to get nasty. Hopefully PJ can throw a wrench in this whole thing.

Does everyone realize UGA just did something that hasn't been done since recruiting rankings were even a thing?

Deleted member 2897

They crushed the entire nation. It's ok to admit it. We'll still beat them in Athens.

Here's the thing though, they now have expectations and buzz. They haven't had that in a while. Richt brought in classes but his only expectations were to get to ATL for the title game, now they're playing natty or bust.

I'm not the guy to look at my neighbors lawn when my grass is long as well but I think the gap that's been wide for the last decade is about to get nasty. Hopefully PJ can throw a wrench in this whole thing.

Does everyone realize UGA just did something that hasn't been done since recruiting rankings were even a thing?

Lose a National Championship after being up late by 2 touchdowns?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
At the risk of getting our resident TN fan all riled up...

I had an interesting conversation with my fil after a wedding last night. Apparently a poster claiming to be a bag man over at TN is posting on their boards that UGA simply outbid them for a few recruits this year. Claims to know what they were offered to come to TN (since part of it was from him) and what UGA paid. Said they simply couldn't compete financially. Also said UGA is doing things that simply can't be covered up but didn't elaborate.

TIFWIW as I don't have links or anything, but it gave me a bit of hope that with this whole FBI investigation it can't be long before football gets involved.