UCF with a top 10 Defense

Deleted member 2897

Again, you fail to respond to the point I've made twice. You lose to teams not offenses. Ws and Ls speaks to strength of team not D nor O.

Your point seems to be the flipside of the questioning of our O because of w-l records.

Regardless, it's hard for me to believe that your not being dismissive when you say, "I mean at some point we're screwing the statistics over so much through manual tweaking that it doesn't even matter."

Whoops, here I am apparently all day refusing to reply to your points when I didn't even know that I was supposed to be. Sorry.

I wasn't trying to sound dismissive of some of the data, it's just more confusion and frustration about what's in the data. I used Michigan as an example. If 2/3 of Michigan's possessions weren't even included in the data from that game, then what are we supposed to do with it? If anytime a team get so far ahead are so far behind that you stop including data, it just gets real complicated to understand what's in and what's out. So first, it's confusing to know what's in the data, and second, how useful is the data when it only contains an arbitrary subset in the first place? I don't know if that's any more clear this time, but that's all I was trying to say.