Tyson Meiguez Out for Season

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
See what I'm talking about with all this transfer stuff. It is hard to keep up with who is on the team and who is not. This is getting like pro ball, your team changes all the players every three years. Back in the day you knew for four years who was playing where.

I'm pretty thankful for the transfer portal just now because without bringing in guys to bolster our OL and DL we would be up the proverbial creek without a paddle this coming season.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
UPDATE!
Posted on GT strength page today.
He looks fit - surgery just two months ago! Hopefully he’ll be able to participate is August!

1626742854490.png

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
UPDATE!
Posted on GT strength page today.
He looks fit - surgery just two months ago! Hopefully he’ll be able to participate is August!

View attachment 10860
Legs could use a little work, but that's to be expected after a knee injury. Ok from the waist up, but that's not where you play football.

And, yes, he should take the full six months. No need to risk re-injury by coming back too soon. There are others.

And one of them should have been Meiguez. Bad luck, young man. But hang in there, Tyler! If you are careful, pay attention to the docs and don't get over ambitious with exercise and drills when you start to feel better, you'll be as good as new!

slugboy

Staff member
I think we legitimately have a stellar S&C team. If they weighed in on a decision to hold Tyson Meiguez out for the season to work on based on a long-term therapy and S&C plan, then I’d be even more impressed.
One thing that I’ve seen with some really good trainers is when they know the difference between pain and something dangerous, and redirect training for the athlete to heal properly while still keeping the athlete on a growth trajectory.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we legitimately have a stellar S&C team. If they weighed in on a decision to hold Tyson … out for the season to work on based on a long-term therapy and S&C plan, then I’d be even more impressed.
One thing that I’ve seen with some really good trainers is when they know the difference between pain and something dangerous, and redirect training for the athlete to heal properly while still keeping the athlete on a growth trajectory.
a) I'm sure they've done just that, in consultation with the docs. But no need to share that with a fan board.

b) Yes, a thousand times. This is one of the hallmarks of trainers who know what they are doing. And it depends as much on experience as on method; the people I have worked with are always alert when I say what they are asking me to do too much and they knew when to ihold off and when gnore me and tell me to SITFU. It looks like the Tech trainers are able to do this effectively.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Way to assume the worst out of a typo. We shouldn't always jump to the worst possible conclusion when someone makes a mistake.
Sorry but as someone who's very simple name gets spelled wrong a lot, it comes across as incredibly lazy and disrespectful to not be bothered enough to get it right. It also happens a lot on here with a number of our players and recruits. Maybe its just me, but if you can't get the name of the player you are talking about correct, especially when the spelling is readily available, I'm going to assume that nothing you have to say about them is valid because you don't know who you are talking about.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Way to assume the worst out of a typo. We shouldn't always jump to the worst possible conclusion when someone makes a mistake.
Sorry but as someone who's very simple name gets spelled wrong a lot, it comes across as incredibly lazy and disrespectful to not be bothered enough to get it right. It also happens a lot on here with a number of our players and recruits. Maybe its just me, but if you can't get the name of the player you are talking about correct, especially when the spelling is readily available, I'm going to assume that nothing you have to say is relevant because you don't know who you are talking about.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Sorry but as someone who's very simple name gets spelled wrong a lot, it comes across as incredibly lazy and disrespectful to not be bothered enough to get it right. It also happens a lot on here with a number of our players and recruits. Maybe its just me, but if you can't get the name of the player you are talking about correct, especially when the spelling is readily available, I'm going to assume that nothing you have to say about them is valid because you don't know who you are talking about.

Wow. You know what they say about assumptions? You're proving it with that attitude...

The other side of that is that you can just be kind and assume there was no ill intent.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
It's just you.

But really, lighten up. These things happen all the time.