Tyler Stargel Last Game

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
LINK

Tyler has announced he'll not be back next year.

Congrats to Tyler on graduating next month. He is ready to get on with the next phase in his life.

Good luck. Thank you for your time at GT.
Sorry to hear if it...solid contributors are what make a TEAM...disturbing trend...hope this is not an systemic issue but it certainly appears so from an outsider's observation...

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My goodness, I guess I read the article wrong because I thought this was good news for Tyler. I certainly didn't come away with the impression that this was part of any type of trend, other than what we expect of Georgia Tech students. We expect our students, and student/athletes, to graduate. I'm especially proud to hear he already has job offers lined up. Good luck to Tyler in all his future plans. Thank you for what you have given to your school, your team, and your fans.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry to hear if it...solid contributors are what make a TEAM...disturbing trend...hope this is not an systemic issue but it certainly appears so from an outsider's observation...
Did you even read the article? Not sure how you can conclude that if you read it.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
The guy is physically banged up, tired of playing football and is graduating. He's ready to start the rest of his life. There's no "disturbing trend" here.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Some folks are like DIs in a white glove inspection. T'hey always found dust where there wasn't any dust because they wanted to find dust and therefore there was dust. The kid is graduating. From GT. He told the AJC there was no there there, he had a good experience and simply could not look forward to another winter of rehab for an injury that may never go away. Would we have him sign that in blood? Actually, he already has. Good luck to him, and he is on his way to that because the hardest thing in the world to do is give up something you love because it is time.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Some folks are like DIs in a white glove inspection. T'hey always found dust where there wasn't any dust because they wanted to find dust and therefore there was dust. The kid is graduating. From GT. He told the AJC there was no there there, he had a good experience and simply could not look forward to another winter of rehab for an injury that may never go away. Would we have him sign that in blood? Actually, he already has. Good luck to him, and he is on his way to that because the hardest thing in the world to do is give up something you love because it is time.

Exactly. I don't know how Comrade Chewybaka did not get the memo on the only appropriate conclusions to draw from our fourth or fifth player leaving/announcing they are leaving the team before the season is done yet this year, and especially before the last game during hate week.

No, no reasonable person could draw any conclusions other than the Smarm and Sunshine (TM) company line. Comrade Chewybaka is in fact deficient and must be sent for re education.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Tyler's torn ligament ankle problem sounds like one I suffered when I was a youngster. It kept being re-injured until finally they put it in a cast for 6 weeks. After that it was still very weak and the doc told me it might get completely well if I did not turn it again for ten years. So I kept it wrapped and didn't injure it again, it did get well, and finally I had a happy ending to what could have been a lifetime injury.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. I don't know how Comrade Chewybaka did not get the memo on the only appropriate conclusions to draw from our fourth or fifth player leaving/announcing they are leaving the team before the season is done yet this year, and especially before the last game during hate week.

No, no reasonable person could draw any conclusions other than the Smarm and Sunshine (TM) company line. Comrade Chewybaka is in fact deficient and must be sent for re education.
I bet you are absolutely right...an injury that isn't fully healed, graduating in December, quoted as saying he's ready to move onto the next stage of life, that he has job interviews lined up, a girl friend to spend time with...surely those things have NOTHING to do with his decision. He must hate playing for GT under CPJ and CTR. This move is just to thumb his nose at tech.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

Meh. I wouldn't read too much into it. Stargel was recruited for Al Groh's system and hasn't really had a position for us in the new one. He's largely been a non-factor. He's at DE now and buried on the depth chart behind guys who are coming back so he's not going to play next year either. Throw in his injury, with potentially permanent repercussions, and will get his degree this year it's not surprising. Guys like that bow out all the time and I can't really blame them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Guy his played at whatever position asked even though not his natural spot.

He realizes we have committed to Freeman and young lb.

Could have eaten gtaa STeaks and coasted while getting advanced degree, but decided to give ga tech an extra roster spot. Need guys like him in any organization.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Huh?