Two deep to be released

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good to see Jeune on the 2 deep. May have been mentioned on this board and I missed it, but haven't heard much about him leading up to the first game. Really liked his tape coming out of high school...kinda reminds me of Smelter. Really good hands, but not a super fast. Looking forward to watching him play.

Why don't they list Harrison Butker's backup? That's the position all the fans really are interested in...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not trying to be negative here, but is anyone worried about the size of our DE's? Nothing against our guys, but if I'm a OC, I'm gonna run against those guys all day. What's to stop a decent tackle from just blowing them back(assuming he can touch them)?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Not only size, but inexperience. All RSo or junior. Other teams, will all try to get run going to see what they get. Hopefully we get them a lot of experience before the VT game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Maybe Roof wants them in that briarpatch. IMO we can adjust to stop the run (maybe UGA and Miami excepted) and get a better pass rush with the smaller, quicker guys. Actually we have no choice. Look at the roster. The two other guys we counted on are not eligible this season. It would sure be nice to have big quick DEs who can pass rush and play the run but we don't, so Roof will have to scheme and adjust with what we have. Good news is we have quality LBs and are two deep at DE on both sides and won't gas out like we did last year. IMO we have bigger concerns (BB and DT depth and OT)

You're right. We have to play with the cards we have.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
......... Why don't they list Harrison Butker's backup? That's the position all the fans really are interested in...

I agree, and Rodwell's too. (tic). STs have half the plays of the O or the D.......

Butker just needs to kick them all out of the end zone so that he doesn't risk getting hurt .....

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
3 senior running backs on the BB chart... 5 senior AB's (Synjyn overlapping)... not a single RB outside of that class on the depth chart.

As a result we need to recruit in the 2015 class 3 BBs and 4 ABs. Two BBs might work if one of the 4 ABs can play both (like a Leggett). Anything less and we are posting RB depth issues all next year. Even though our 2015 recruiting has been very good so far, we are still way short of our goal with RBs.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
3 senior running backs on the BB chart... 5 senior AB's (Synjyn overlapping)... not a single RB outside of that class on the depth chart.
Leggett is ommitted due to injury. Hopefully we sign the committed MLD and that'll give us 2 going into next year. Losing Custis hurts more next season than it does this.

The fact that next year is wide open just might help us land Joshua Thomas. If it does, we'll have 3 young studs battling it our next fall.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The plan is to dress him and not play from what I told by one of the coaches last night.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
jeffgt14 post: 71852 said:
@Eric do you think Lynn will come back as the starter at the other CB or will Milton (or Law) hold onto it until he loses it.

Will depend on performance while he's gone but I don't think the job will be handed to him...he will have to win it back.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's actually Francis Kallon, he beat out Gotsis because he's played more soccer.

Funny. But that's profiling :cool: (tic) Chau and Hinojosa will do just fine, as they have played more futbol than either.

Andrew Chau -rJr who was all state kicker in Ga in 2010 and has kicked a 52 yarder. He would be the back-up I would guess. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andrew_chau_752629.html
Roberto Hinojosa - true soccer player who kicked a football for the first time in 2012. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/roberto_hinojosa_888380.html

Gotta love the converted futbol players, just tell them it's a set piece and kick the ball.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
A couple of years back, all the worrying was about OL depth. We may have more depth there now than anytime I can remember since Ross was here. I remember him making a comment WTTE "It's all about the Big Guys and we've got a bevy of them". Good to see the young guys are really panning out and pushing aside some of the upper classmen. We are gonna wear down some people this year and next with these hogs. We're worried about people lining up and just running it down our throat. We may see somebody running it down a throat, but it's probably the boys in gold and white. Is there anything more beautiful than seeing your offensive line take over the game? Depth at OL, A Back, QB, and WR. Pray for lots of hot humid weather, and don't plan on leaving the game early since we are going to score more points in the 4th qtr than any other.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
A couple of years back, all the worrying was about OL depth. We may have more depth there now than anytime I can remember since Ross was here. I remember him making a comment WTTE "It's all about the Big Guys and we've got a bevy of them". Good to see the young guys are really panning out and pushing aside some of the upper classmen. We are gonna wear down some people this year and next with these hogs. We're worried about people lining up and just running it down our throat. We may see somebody running it down a throat, but it's probably the boys in gold and white. Is there anything more beautiful than seeing your offensive line take over the game? Depth at OL, A Back, QB, and WR. Pray for lots of hot humid weather, and don't plan on leaving the game early since we are going to score more points in the 4th qtr than any other.
Good points about OL depth, may be our saving grace this year if they can become consistent