Two bigger worries than Cottrell or Lands-Davis from this morning's AJC

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lets go easy on speculating on the personal habits and doings of our players. Even if some may have hit the public domain in the press etc. Keep in mind some players may frequent the forum. And some of their parents certainly do. Our guys have high character. Let's try and emulate the class they demonstrate, as a fan base. And I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. I'm sure I need to heed this same advice myself.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lets go easy on speculating on the personal habits and doings of our players. Even if some may have hit the public domain in the press etc. Keep in mind some players may frequent the forum. And some of their parents certainly do. Our guys have high character. Let's try and emulate the class they demonstrate, as a fan base. And I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. I'm sure I need to heed this same advice myself.
A good reminder. Thanks.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck

I'll bite this bullet.

I wasn't trying to whip on anyone for bad habits because I do not personally know a soul on the 2015 team and may have not worded what I said well. Quite the opposite. I think SD made a personal decision that he wants to be the man at RG and is doing his best to do so and to meet CPJ's expectations and his own expectations. I think SD will start for 2 years and be able to choose if he wants to play on Sunday or wants to be a computer engineer full time starting in 2017.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
The best weapon is a secret one. The enemies have scout teams too.22 days til facts meet the world.( toe meets leather) believe what you need ,want,heard,read or what master strategic cpj wants you to.stay healthy GT.team . truth on the flats coming soon.

BOBO

Georgia Tech Fan
I am not worried about Jabari. He will play alot.
Not sure about Devine. Hope he steps up.
This is his 3rd year at Tech and still not at the weight they want him.

Greenjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
My single worry having watched many seasons of GT football since graduating in 1993 is overconfidence in 2015. Its probably cliche but we do not handle success very well. Over the past 26 years numerous times unexpected success one year has been followed by disappointment the next. Think of the UGA game in 2009, we had no business losing to them but somehow we did. I think Johnson is handling the current team in the best way possible by deliberately withholding any praise for who he expects to be the senior leaders on this team.
I would expect Jabari to be the hungriest player on the roster having missed all of the success last year and for Johnson to instill a mindset amongst the players that we were great last year and will be even better by adding Jabari to the lineup would be counterproductive.
I have zero insider knowledge but believe this to be the case and really like how Johnson is handling this.
Likewise, Gary Brown was scout team player of the year last year and Shamire performed well in games so there should be no big concerns about who will play right guard. Its the only offensive line position without a returning starter and to maintain uncertainty raises the level of competition and motivation for the entire unit.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Shamire played well last year. I remember watching plays in the OB and UGA game and noticing that he was blowing people away. He'll be fine.

I'm sure E. Joe will get on him if need be. That guy put Lorenzo carter on skates. I wish I had photoshop skills to put a video together.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
#1 Worry: Cost of National Championship Game Tickets

#2 Worry: If I will still have the same zeal for GT Football once we win it all

Oh boy....my wife already isn't thrilled with my planned trips to South Bend and Clemson...and wasn't thrilled I went to Charlotte last year......I got some figuring, and work to do, to plan for this eventuality...

mzGT2016

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with you all as it relates to JH(D). He's got to earn that position back, and I think he will eventually do so, which gives us a lot of opportunity as it relates to depth, and the ability to move Pat Gamble to DE on certain plays.

I'd love to see us work in some 3-3-5 nickel packages in with a front line having Gotsis at nose tackle, with a pick two of JHD, Gamble, and Freeman on the ends.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you all as it relates to JH(D). He's got to earn that position back, and I think he will eventually do so, which gives us a lot of opportunity as it relates to depth, and the ability to move Pat Gamble to DE on certain plays.

I'd love to see us work in some 3-3-5 nickel packages in with a front line having Gotsis at nose tackle, with a pick two of JHD, Gamble, and Freeman on the ends.
Prefer Gotsis, Freeman, and Simmons (or Whitehead) with Davis or Marcordes coming as well.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I suspect I am guilty of chugging too much offseason Kool-Aid. I no doubt overreacted to the two articles. In my offseason glow, I had penciled in instant stardom for Shamire and JH, and it was an unpleasant surprise to see they aren't yet even starters. It doesn't happen like that. As has been pointed out, JH is a rookie at the position. A rookie with huge potential, but a rookie still. I suspect when the temps cool and we get to game weeks, Shamire will find the extra energy needed to claim the position.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the enthusiasm of this board. GT lost practically everyone who touched the football last year except the center and the QB and traded Ga Southern and NC State for Notre Dame (on the road) and Florida St. on the schedule and we are talking National Championship. Not being sarcastic. I love it. I take comfort in the fact that the program is at the point that they can put out a quality 2-deep depth chart that doesn't need to include any incoming freshmen. This team is relatively deep and will play a bunch of guys in natural rotations, as usual. I hope there is competition for spots. I think in most cases that will make this team better and is not a sign of weakness. I agree with everyone whose only reaction at this point is: let's get the season started!

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Oh boy....my wife already isn't thrilled with my planned trips to South Bend and Clemson...and wasn't thrilled I went to Charlotte last year......I got some figuring, and work to do, to plan for this eventuality...

Calls for a divorce. lol

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we should probably all calm down a bit. We have no idea what the coaches are thinking, we just know what they say to the media. We have know idea how the players are actually practicing or what they are actually doing, we just know the coaches characterization of those facts to the media.

Our coaching staff, especially CPJ, is notorious for toning down praise - especially based on preseason workouts. So its not surprising at all that they haven't come out and talked about how they are wowed by every RG candidate and how they should go ahead and award JHD the Heisman. I wouldn't expect that even if it were true. Its also not surprising because there is no need at this time to anoint a starter at RG, nor is there any reason to make JHD #1 on the depth chart. We've got a competition at RG. That will probably be true up until the first game, and then maybe even up until ND. I'm sure multiple guys will play at the position. There's just no reason to come out and say to the public three weeks before the first game whether there is someone who has taken control of the job. Same thing with JHD - no reason to announce at this point in time if he's earned a starting gig. Basically, its a motivational ploy.

I'll make a judgment on how our guys are playing once I actually see them play. Until then, its difficult, but I'll resist doing so.