Twitter Whiners.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Lame.....some people are just threatened by things that they don't understand or are different than the norm

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I responded to one of those yahoos on twitter; after a couple of attempts to justify his stance the guy pretty much said the reason he wants "chop" blocks banned is because he thinks the TO is "boring as hell".

But he swears that he knows the difference between cuts and chops. He said that cuts are still too dangerous, and stated that the zone running scheme is the only other scenario where a cut block takes place on a football field.

I had time this morning.
Brave man

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm of the opinion that Adam Schefter knows the actual difference between a cut and a chop block. As has been stated, this is probably about getting rid of the high/low in the free zone in NFL and has absolutely zero to do with cut blocking.

The idiots who are moaning about GT have no clue what they're talking about. So let them talk...it just proves their ignorance.
That's how I understood what he was saying, and what the NFL considers. Part of GT's problem, if it even has one, is that even the "analysts" like Bob Davie routinely conflated the two so that there was no difference to the viewer. ESPN has some value, but boy, do they give dweebs air time.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I watch line play 100percent. We seldom injure dl men. Any others have observations or stats in this area.

I sure hope gtaa keeps up with this and communicates to ncaa.

I am worried they will reduce downfield limit on blocking from 3 to 1 yd.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
That's how I understood what he was saying, and what the NFL considers. Part of GT's problem, if it even has one, is that even the "analysts" like Bob Davie routinely conflated the two so that there was no difference to the viewer. ESPN has some value, but boy, do they give dweebs air time.

Bob Davie runs the TO formation at New Mexico now.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is how the Bammer teams of the '60s were so successful with OLs that averaged about 210 lbs a man.
Yes!
Anyone who wants to see this should watch Alabama's 34-7 beat down of Nebraska in the 1967 Sugar Bowl. I still enjoy once in a while looking at how linemen, who were outweighed 30 pounds a man, used solid techniques to neutralize their opponent. Bear Bryant was asked how they win this game and he said, "We will out quick them."

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes!
Anyone who wants to see this should watch Alabama's 34-7 beat down of Nebraska in the 1967 Sugar Bowl. I still enjoy once in a while looking at how linemen, who were outweighed 30 pounds a man, used solid techniques to neutralize their opponent. Bear Bryant was asked how they win this game and he said, "We will out quick them."
Those Alabama teams originated -- or at least got credit for it -- the "chip" block. Instead of trying to drive backside defenders backward or to the ground, linemen "chipped" at them to break their timing, then tried to get downfield to help out the runner. Defenders didn't much like it any more than cut blocking from what I read.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yes!
I thought that was our strategy when CPJ first arrived.

CPJ said he need fast (quick) linemen, but big and fast was better than small and fast.