TV Series Not Worth Finishing

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I love loved the first season. None that came after were worth watching, though, to be fair, each one is a complete story line so they mercifully end without dragging on year after year.

I enjoyed the Jodie Foster one. I definitely thought the Colin Farrell/Vince Vaughn season suckedddd.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I enjoyed the Jodie Foster one. I definitely thought the Colin Farrell/Vince Vaughn season suckedddd.
I thought the Jodie Foster one spent too much time treading water and when it got to the end had minimal payoff.

I actually liked the Vince Vaughn ending better after a somewhat agonizing journey to get there.

But, again, each season is its own thing so easier to tell myself to hang in there even with minimal interest.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Rings of Power.

I thought the point of the thread was shows that started well and ended badly. It’s moved to “shows that were never good”
Yeah, that was the point but after a while it gets to be fun to just bash how much bad TV is out there. By my estimate there are about 500 bad series for every really good one.

The ones that start well, and give you false hope, are really infuriating.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Rings of Power.

I thought the point of the thread was shows that started well and ended badly. It’s moved to “shows that were never good”
I never even tried that one. Of all the Tolkein stories that could be made into movies, it seems like they just made up their own stories to try to get good visuals. The Hobbit movies were the same. They only slightly resembled the book.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Here are three more….

“Stranger Things” had promise but after the first season it felt kind of pedestrian and I just lost interest.

“Downton Abbey” was engaging at first with its understated British melodrama but became tedious and sloppy towards it final seasons.

“Lovecraft Country” really excited me with the first few episodes with its deconstruction of H.P. Lovecrafts hidden racist narrative but it lost its thoughtfulness and replaced it with action film bombast.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I love loved the first season. None that came after were worth watching, though, to be fair, each one is a complete story line so they mercifully end without dragging on year after year.
I thought the last one was pretty good and I applauded the way they kept the tension away from the occult elements. It must have been a great temptation to turn it all supernatural at the end. Instead, just the right mix. But, hey, I'm a huge Jodi Foster fan and she is terrific in this.

The first one still rules, however. I've watched that thing at least 4 times and I still enjoy it. But, again, I love Louisiana.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Agreed on Weeds, Walking Dead, and Ozark. Game of Thrones I never made it past the first episode. Disagree on Stranger Things - the first season was the best, but I've enjoyed all of them.

I would add:

Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Silicon Valley
Letterkenny
Yellowstone

Atlanta (on FX) I really enjoyed for season's 1 and 2, but season 3 was bad. I'll probably watch season 4 at some point, hopefully it's more like the first two.

All I know is that House is the best series EVER
Been a while since I watched, but as I recall nearly every diagnosis required a lumbar puncture at some point.

Last edited:

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed on Weeds, Walking Dead, and Ozark. Game of Thrones I never made it past the first episode. Disagree on Stranger Things - the first season was the best, but I've enjoyed all of them.

I would add:

Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Silicon Valley
Letterkenny
Yellowstone

Atlanta (on FX) I really enjoyed for season's 1 and 2, but season 3 was bad. I'll probably watch season 4 at some point, hopefully it's more like the first two.

Been a while since I watched, but as I recall nearly every diagnosis required a lumbar puncture at some point.
and it was never lupus

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I thought the last one was pretty good and I applauded the way they kept the tension away from the occult elements. It must have been a great temptation to turn it all supernatural at the end. Instead, just the right mix. But, hey, I'm a huge Jodi Foster fan and she is terrific in this.

The first one still rules, however. I've watched that thing at least 4 times and I still enjoy it. But, again, I love Louisiana.
I love Jodi Foster also but felt like they wasted her talent with a poorly written script that took too long to develop and struggled to maintain suspense.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
True detective was another one for me. 1st season was awesome. 2nd had a few moments like when Colin farrells character beat the hell out of that kids dad. But man I just couldn’t keep going with it.

Walking dead was the biggest for me. Got so invested for like 7 seasons then just didn’t care by then.

Once upon a time was another and I liked the concept but think it just dragged out to long.