TV Options

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I use YoutubeTV because I like the interface and the passive DVR options. But there's always tons of streams available if a game is blacked out in your region.

Doddjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm excited about our upcoming Yellow Jackets football. I live in Chattanooga. I'm internet only (EPB fiber 1 Gig). No cable or dish. Over the last few seasons I have, like others, run into blackouts trying to watch our games.

I'm surprised Chattanooga is blacked out.

I have been reading some posting to try to find some workable solution (Hulu, Utube, others) for the football and basketball season.

If I can get ESPN3 will I be able to get the games live? If not, on a ESPN3 rebroadcast viewing?

I'm a long time Ga Tech fan since the 50s. It is frustrating that it is so difficult in this highly technical time to be able watch our guys play. As always, I'm for Ga Tech and who evers playing Georgia.

gt6776c

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm excited about our upcoming Yellow Jackets football. I live in Chattanooga. I'm internet only (EPB fiber 1 Gig). No cable or dish. Over the last few seasons I have, like others, run into blackouts trying to watch our games.

I'm surprised Chattanooga is blacked out.

I have been reading some posting to try to find some workable solution (Hulu, Utube, others) for the football and basketball season.

If I can get ESPN3 will I be able to get the games live? If not, on a ESPN3 rebroadcast viewing?

I'm a long time Ga Tech fan since the 50s. It is frustrating that it is so difficult in this highly technical time to be able watch our guys play. As always, I'm for Ga Tech and who evers playing Georgia.
I live in Chattanooga as well and used EPB for years. They make you get the Gold subscription to get the ACCN. Recently switched to YouTube TV and saved a lot in the process and still get ACCN. Plus get Paramount (which EPB didn't have) for the upcoming Yellowstone season.

Doddjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I live in Chattanooga as well and used EPB for years. They make you get the Gold subscription to get the ACCN. Recently switched to YouTube TV and saved a lot in the process and still get ACCN. Plus get Paramount (which EPB didn't have) for the upcoming Yellowstone season.
I am trying to compare pricing, options. Last year I ran into black outs I think I was using Hulu + live tv. My understanding is that regional coverage like for the KSU game via CHSS, is complicated because of complications with Sinclair/Bally?

Last edited:

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I have AT&T TV Now or whatever they call it at this point. I have no issues with it. I previously had Youtube TV but switched when they dropped the regional sports channels. I will say AT&T has far better picture quality, but Youtube had the better DVR. AT&T is more expensive, but you get HBO Max which is $15 a month on Youtube TV so its basically the same price.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Since you're outside the ACC footprint, you're fine with ESPN+.
I have Comcast up here in MI and that unfortunately doesn’t work….
I have to upgrade my Hulu package from football season to the end of March for ACCN.
Hopefully Comcast picks it up in September as it’s been rumored to be happening.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have Comcast up here in MI and that unfortunately doesn’t work….
I have to upgrade my Hulu package from football season to the end of March for ACCN.
Hopefully Comcast picks it up in September as it’s been rumored to be happening.
With Comcast, you should already have regional Fox Sports.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I use YoutubeTV because I like the interface and the passive DVR options. But there's always tons of streams available if a game is blacked out in your region.
That's what we use - and for the games that were blacked out, we logged into YouTubeTV on a laptop using a VPN, then hooked it up to the TV with a HDMI cable

Doddjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
That's what we use - and for the games that were blacked out, we logged into YouTubeTV on a laptop using a VPN, then hooked it up to the TV with a HDMI cable
Will a desktop pc work as well, its hardwired cat5.

I'm going to have some company for a month from Dallas, Texas. They have fiber Frontier back home. Maybe they can help me catch a few games while they are here.

Seems to me their last time here they were using internet to access their basketball games.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
With Comcast, you should already have regional Fox Sports.
I do. I meant I can’t get ACCN with the Espn plus app or games Bally’s or Fox Sports Detroit or whatever it’s called now doesn’t carry. Fortunately, they’ve picked up quite a few but there’s been some big basketball games I missed, used ****ty streams or went to the bar for. And my local bar that picked up ACCN for me burnt down…..

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is anyone interested in doing what Tomahawk Talk does with Braves games on Facebook? This is how I've been watching games since I don't get Bally Sports. Start a group, or maybe someone in a GT sports FB group that already exists?

Would be huge and greatly appreciated!

ChooChoo Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Will a desktop pc work as well, its hardwired cat5.

I'm going to have some company for a month from Dallas, Texas. They have fiber Frontier back home. Maybe they can help me catch a few games while they are here.

Seems to me their last time here they were using internet to access their basketball games.
I live in Chattanooga and have EPB, so I get ACCN and the Bally stations. However, I work most Saturdays in out of town, and their cable does not have ACCN. I just log into ESPN and/or the Bally page on my computer (depending on which network is carrying game) using my EPB login and EPB Fiber Optics as provider - haven't missed a game yet.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Bally’s picked up the GT KSU game. I just got a notification on my Xfinity app saying it’s scheduled the recording!
Folks who don't know about this site should bookmark it: