Tulane OL

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I focused on all his plays, more so on the ones that went to his side. I do recall 2 different plays going to his opposite side where he does dive forward with no one to block. There was one passing play that he just got beat and thats the one that JT almost fumbled.

I did not see a play that was completely broken from his play/blocking, except that one pass play. I agree with the coaches that he needs to improve. I can also say last year his blocking did have negative impacts on runs.

I am scrolling through plays by "hand" or wheel so I can inch through, go forward/backward, and really look at each play.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I was a big time critic of BC last year, but I have watched him both games this year and he is much inproved. He was really bad last year, but from what I saw, he plays decent to good most of the time so far. If you watch a whole game, you can find a couple bad plays for any lineman.

As for the coaches, I think they just want to see more from him and more consistency. It is still early, but I would recommend going back and watching his VT, UNC, or Clemson tape from last year for comparison.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I focused on all his plays, more so on the ones that went to his side. I do recall 2 different plays going to his opposite side where he does dive forward with no one to block. There was one passing play that he just got beat and thats the one that JT almost fumbled.

I did not see a play that was completely broken from his play/blocking, except that one pass play. I agree with the coaches that he needs to improve. I can also say last year his blocking did have negative impacts on runs.

I am scrolling through plays by "hand" or wheel so I can inch through, go forward/backward, and really look at each play.
Like I said, I only looked twice, so if he's better, I'm happier.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Typically the opposing team brings the officials for out-of-conference games ... not sure if thats good or bad though.
This is the second year after that rule was changed. We had ACC officials against UG last year and Clemson had SEC against UG this year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't think BC's had a false start yet. That's already about a 20 yds of field position a game improvement. Eeeyyoooo. Seriously though, I think some fans have dog houses harder to escape than Mike Tomlin's. In 2011 and 2012, it seemed that no matter what Tevin did he was still the not Nesbit of 2010.

Let's see how it goes, and THWG!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I don't think BC's had a false start yet. That's already about a 20 yds of field position a game improvement. Eeeyyoooo. Seriously though, I think some fans have dog houses harder to escape than Mike Tomlin's. In 2011 and 2012, it seemed that no matter what Tevin did he was still the not Nesbit of 2010.

Let's see how it goes, and THWG!

Still the not Nesbit...So he was Nesbit? Also, who is this Nesbit character?