TStan's brand: "We develop the young people who will change the world"

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Saw this on another thread
image.png

I've heard Stan talk over and over and over about brand, and ideation, and all that, but I've never heard the brand actually spelled out. It looks like the brand is the top of the board:

"We develop the young people who will change the world".

THAT is a brand, you guys. That should be on everybody's signature. That should be on every communication. That should be at the top of every GT affiliated webpage.

If you care about GT, that's something that says something, and it should be unanimous. Every recruiting edit #ChangeTheWorld Every letter from coaches "Want to change the world? Come to GT". Every fundraising letter.

It's fantastic.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw this on another thread
image.png

I've heard Stan talk over and over and over about brand, and ideation, and all that, but I've never heard the brand actually spelled out. It looks like the brand is the top of the board:

THAT is a brand, you guys. That should be on everybody's signature. That should be on every communication. That should be at the top of every GT affiliated webpage.

If you care about GT, that's something that says something, and it should be unanimous. Every recruiting edit #ChangeTheWorld Every letter from coaches "Want to change the world? Come to GT". Every fundraising letter.

It's fantastic.
It is hard to read from the picture, but the quote below the brand statement is from Nelson Mandela:

"Sports have the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire, the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sports can create hope, where there was once only despair. It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers. It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination."

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

It's fantastic.

Agreed. A lot of people (not in marketing) think a brand is about a logo, or a color scheme, or a tagline. It's not. A brand is about what an organization stands for. The best brands can draw a line in the sand and say "this is what we're all about. If that's you, step over the line." Tech is now on its way to embodying that.

(Also, the Maya Angelou quote is often cited when thinking about "what is a brand?" She stated, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." That's what this brand is all about. And that's why I continue to be impressed with Stansbury.)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. A lot of people (not in marketing) think a brand is about a logo, or a color scheme, or a tagline. It's not. A brand is about what an organization stands for. The best brands can draw a line in the sand and say "this is what we're all about. If that's you, step over the line." Tech is now on its way to embodying that.

(Also, the Maya Angelou quote is often cited when thinking about "what is a brand?" She stated, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." That's what this brand is all about. And that's why I continue to be impressed with Stansbury.)
To me, "We develop the young people who will change the world" is a vision statement.