True team player and hopefully future star

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech running back Jamious Griffin will redshirt this season, Griffin's father, Tyrone Griffin, told the AJC on Wednesday.
"We're just going to redshirt," Griffin said. "Jamious is keeping a positive attitude through the season and still practicing hard and getting better in the weight room, staying focused in school and all that stuff."

Griffin has had difficulty getting on the field as he's competed with Jahmyr Gibbs, Jordan Mason and Dontae Smith for playing time. Griffin received his only carries against Kennesaw State, when he ran five times for 16 yards. In his first two seasons, Griffin ran 84 times for 354 yards and two touchdowns, often displaying the explosive speed, agility and will that made him a four-star prospect coming out of Rome High.

Griffin could stay, as the possible departure of Mason (who is in his senior season but has his extra COVID-19 season) could open space in the backfield, or possibly look into transferring.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
He was a star in his freshman year but unfortunately for him others stepped up. I hope he stays to get his diploma and then continue to do what else would be best for himself.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Smart to redshirt.
With Mason probably moving on, and the possibility of Myr only playing one more year, he could be in a good situation to get reps.

I hope he doesn’t transfer, but don’t fault him if he does. Guys like Marshall left to get more reps, then we lost dedrick and he would have been getting most of the carries. RB is a logjam now but we are an injury away from him getting big reps this year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
RB room is going to be so loaded. We've got a 4 star RB committed this class, and already another 4 star RB committed for 2023. You're not going to escape competition for playing time at GT if you're a RB.

Griffin is 100% a P5 level RB. Just so difficult for coaches to give our RBs the carries they deserve. Mason, Smith, and Griffin all deserve a lot of carries a game. Mason was our best offensive player in 2019, and he's got Sunday level talent. Smith is probably the most explosive RB and has improved to the point he's probably our #2 back. Griffin has the tools to be a 15+ carry a game RB. What do you do when you're a coach with all that talent AND you have a generational talent like Gibbs? The irony is our RB's name is Choice, because he has tough decisions to make every Saturday.

Give Griffin credit. He's not making a stink you would see with most 4 star guys. He's working and staying focused on what he needs to do, and he's being a good teammate. Stay the course, young man...it's all going to work out eventually.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully he sticks around and finds himself in Mason's role next year. He's not quite the hammer that Mason is, but I liked what I saw out of him when he gets carries. I agree that we'll probably only see Gibbs for one more year. He's Kamara 2.0.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I was going to start a thread about this before last week. I had kinda figured this would come to pass as we have not seen Jamious this year. Glad that the 4 game rule is out there and maybe we will see him these next few games.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully he sticks around and finds himself in Mason's role next year. He's not quite the hammer that Mason is, but I liked what I saw out of him when he gets carries. I agree that we'll probably only see Gibbs for one more year. He's Kamara 2.0.
More like a Calvin Ridley 2.0, I think. My guess is that any pro team will move him to WR soonest. Mason is more like what they are looking for.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
What do you do when you're a coach with all that talent AND you have a generational talent like Gibbs?
Hand it to them or toss them the ball in the flat and hope they take it 80 yds? Rinse and repeat?

I kid. Though it’s pretty crazy we have that much talent at RB and are as bad as we are on offense.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
More like a Calvin Ridley 2.0, I think. My guess is that any pro team will move him to WR soonest. Mason is more like what they are looking for.
I would bet you a large amount of money that will never happen.
I think Mason will come down to his workouts. If he can run in the 4.5 area, i think he will get drafted and get a shot. I would love for the Falcons to get him late.