Travis Jorgenson Emergence

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It's high.

Teach that boy to go straight up on the pull up and not float and remain mindful at all times ( one handed entry passes off the bounce) and he's a top 5-7 ACC pg by his junior year.

Write that down.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There were plenty of people on twitter saying less than nice things about him earlier in the season on twitter. I'm glad those people can now be confirmed as effing clown shoes.

He's developing really well.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And there's still people saying we have no PG's.
What we have is young PG's especially Travis who is a R-FR coming off an injury. Too many are expecting too much too early.
He has a real natural feel for the position and I expect the scoring will improve as he gains more experience and feels more comfortable.
He's also learning what you can and can't do at the ACC level.

RamblinRed

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've also been high on Jorgensen for a while too.. I just love his game and the passion that he plays. He's a very heady player and is better on D than he is given credit for. I've found myself many times over the past few games scratching my head as to why BG didn't have him in the game in crunch time. The only thing that I could think of was that perhaps they're still monitoring his minutes closely to ensure that the knee stays healthy.

There is still room for improvement - namely finishing. I want to see him become a better finisher in the lane. The pull-up can be effective, but he will really take the next step when is able to finish in traffic. He can get into the paint any time he wants, and he is deadly with the dump off in the lane. Dickey V mentioned it several times, but when teams (like Duke) are pressuring him 30 feet from the basket, he needs to go by them and lay it up. This is the one area that I think that Heath has an advantage over him at the moment.

Without a doubt, we will have a very good PG for the next few years if he is able to stay healthy.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know Jorgy met Price last summer, I believe, so I think he's trying to set a goal to strive for.

That's speculation on my part, but I think it's possible.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly I don't think he will ever be in Mark's class - but I expect him to be a very good PG.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agree with that. Injury aside, we'd have seen more from him by now if he was going to reach that level. I just think if he's got a role model for his time at GT, he's striving to be Price-like.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He has met Mark and I know he likes and respects Mark. Jorgy imo is probably a little better passer than Mark, but Mark is a better shooter and scorer. Both are competitive as heck and both are sneaky good on defense.

Jorgy has good recognition on both ends and anticipates well. He has a bounce pass that few have today, though he is still learning when he can use it at this level. He can get beat off the dribble, but he has good anticipation and great hands which gets him steals. On the offensive end he is quick with the ball in his hands and has a nice little stutter move to get past his defender and into the lane. Right now teams are playing him to pass, but as he gets comfortable shooting he is going to start causing problems as teams will have to decide whether to allow him to shoot or to guard him which will open passing lanes.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Jorgy by far is my favorite player on the team. His passing skills remind me a lot of Drew Barry. Once he starts having more confidence in his shot look out. Looking forward to watching him progress.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this was the only missing piece? Maybe we play better from here?

It's interesting. I didn't notice TJ playing better. But earlier in the season it was a wash between him and Josh. Now, to my eye, TJ is the better player for us. I don't think Josh's game has changed. I think TJ has improved.

He should be starting and getting 25-28 minutes.

/

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Maybe this was the only missing piece? Maybe we play better from here?

It's interesting. I didn't notice TJ playing better. But earlier in the season it was a wash between him and Josh. Now, to my eye, TJ is the better player for us. I don't think Josh's game has changed. I think TJ has improved.

He should be starting and getting 25-28 minutes.

/

Remember he is coming off a serious injury and he hasn't been comfortable with a lot of minutes...he seems to be getting there though and as you said once he is comfortable and his body can handle it he should be getting a lot of time.