Travin Henry. Can he return for Spring Practice?

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember there being a conversation between him and a player on twitter. The player asked him if he was coming back and Henry said "if coach lets me." I'm guessing it would be a walk-on situation. Can anyone confirm?

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/CoreyGriffinM14">@CoreyGriffinM14</a> if CPJ let me bra.</p>&mdash; Travin Henry (@Trav_Gt) <a href="">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Last edited:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I think that ship has sailed. If I recollect correctly from what Eric has posted previously, Henry's door is closed and bolted shut.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that ship has sailed. If I recollect correctly from what Eric has posted previously, Henry's door is closed and bolted shut.

I have no inside information but it would seem to me that a kid who made a mistake (can't remember or recall what it was or what happened with him), lost his scholarship but stayed in school and was working hard in the classroom and wanted a second chance, even if it meant being a walk-on, would get another opportunity. Again, I have no inside information and don't recall what he did.

SMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
I have no inside information but it would seem to me that a kid who made a mistake (can't remember or recall what it was or what happened with him), lost his scholarship but stayed in school and was working hard in the classroom and wanted a second chance, even if it meant being a walk-on, would get another opportunity. Again, I have no inside information and don't recall what he did.
Believe Eric had stated that he already blew his second chance?

thwgjacket

He was kicked off the team. Probably more like 3 mistakes.

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm sure CPJ gave warning to all the players kicked off that, if you screw up again, you're out for good, no coming back. Made sure they all understood it.

When they screwed up again, guess what, CPJ isn't going to back down from his words.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
There is grace in CPJ's system. But, as we have stated, a 2nd chance is that grace. After that, he doesn't play around about dismissing.

Stance seems to be that 1 bad apple really can spoil the barrel. That differs from other coaches who gamble (especially with elite talent) that a bunch of good kids can turn a bad one. He's been around a while, and at this point in his career isn't a big experimenter on this topic.