Transfer p[r

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
What are y'alls thoughts on the transfer portal. My thoughts are we should not use it for offensive linemen. The best offensive lines are the ones that play together for multiple seasons together. Wide receivers, running backs, defensive players are fair game. Not a big fan of QB's either but it is what it is. Just my thoughts. What are y'alls?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Big time QB's want to be guaranteed they will start. DL and OL are where the big needs are. We will need to look at LB's. Ace was a great contributor this year. If McCollum does leave we should look at WR. Also a proven TE. The last one we had transfer in was average at best. A punter might be worth getting.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What are y'alls thoughts on the transfer portal. My thoughts are we should not use it for offensive linemen. The best offensive lines are the ones that play together for multiple seasons together. Wide receivers, running backs, defensive players are fair game. Not a big fan of QB's either but it is what it is. Just my thoughts. What are y'alls?
If we get a solid OL who wants to come in here and help us out, then we should take him.
Cochran was our best OL the year he spent here after transferring from Vandy, and Quick has been a plus for us this past season.

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
If we get a solid OL who wants to come in here and help us out, then we should take him.
Cochran was our best OL the year he spent here after transferring from Vandy, and Quick has been a plus for us this past season.
The problem is that is an exception. We only had 1 returning starting linemen To build on. People are quick to blame CBK for something he had literally very little control over the line because of lack of ability to build on.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The problem is that is an exception. We only had 1 returning starting linemen To build on. People are quick to blame CBK for something he had literally very little control over the line because of lack of ability to build on.
two of our 5 starting O line were starters. How is that a problem or an exception? Until we recruit a lot of high quality O linemen bring in a couple every year.

Also what makes you think we won't lose an O lineman to the Portal?

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Ze’Vian Capers, a high 4⭐️ receiver that was recruited hard in 2019-20 and ended up at Auburn, was one of their first to announce his portal intentions this fall. Did not rack up a lot of playing time there.

A native from north metro Atlanta, wonder if there’s any interest in him?

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ze’Vian Capers, a high 4⭐️ receiver that was recruited hard in 2019-20 and ended up at Auburn, was one of their first to announce his portal intentions this fall. Did not rack up a lot of playing time there.

A native from north metro Atlanta, wonder if there’s any interest in him?

If my memory is right, we were one of his finalist out of high school. Perhaps we'd still be on his radar this time around.