Traditions?

edwarbr

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope I'm not infringing on a member only site. I just have a few questions about Our Football traditions. I'm not an alumnus, but I was a 24 year Football season ticket holder from 1986 - 2010. And my Son got his bachlors, masters, and doctrine all from The Georgia Institute of Technology. My age and health no longer allow me to attend games in person but I never miss watching and loving our Yellow Jackets on TV. I dearly miss the tailgating, the smells of everyone's tailgate menu. the sounds, the atmosphere, and the Tech Pride. Questions, do we still do the Budwieser at end of the 3rd qtr.? Yellow Jacket alley? Band
Members visiting tailgate sites? Sorry for "rambling" on. But I truly miss it all. I cant be there in person, but Win or lose i am there in spirit. Go Jackets. THWG!!

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope I'm not infringing on a member only site. I just have a few questions about Our Football traditions. I'm not an alumnus, but I was a 24 year Football season ticket holder from 1986 - 2010. And my Son got his bachlors, masters, and doctrine all from The Georgia Institute of Technology. My age and health no longer allow me to attend games in person but I never miss watching and loving our Yellow Jackets on TV. I dearly miss the tailgating, the smells of everyone's tailgate menu. the sounds, the atmosphere, and the Tech Pride. Questions, do we still do the Budwieser at end of the 3rd qtr.? Yellow Jacket alley? Band
Members visiting tailgate sites? Sorry for "rambling" on. But I truly miss it all. I cant be there in person, but Win or lose i am there in spirit. Go Jackets. THWG!!
I was able to go to the UNC game, and we definitely did Budweiser after the 3rd quarter. I didn't get to walk around to see, but I would guess the Band still walks around to the tailgaiters. And as far as I know we still do yellow jacket alley. If you've ever seen the Band do the Horse at the end of the game, they still do that too. Go Jackets!

colton

Georgia Tech Fan
YES! Those are some of the most fun things that we (the band) do. If we stopped doing 3Q Budweiser, The Horse, Yellow Jacket Alley, or really anything, there would be an uprising. We love it just as much as the fans do.

pittkesh99

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't Yellow Jacket Alley get replaced by Helluva Block Party?
It’s a different version of Yellow Jacket Alley. It’s no longer by Brittain Dr, but the same thing that usually happens during YJA happens down North Ave instead, starting from the Helluva Block Party

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
YES! Those are some of the most fun things that we (the band) do. If we stopped doing 3Q Budweiser, The Horse, Yellow Jacket Alley, or really anything, there would be an uprising. We love it just as much as the fans do.
They didn't do the horse after the UNCheat game...did we pi$$ off the football gods?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
They didn't do the horse after the UNCheat game...did we pi$$ off the football gods?
I think the answer to that one is once the fans get out onto the field the band is told they cannot play anymore. I could be wrong but that's what I thought I read after that game. Does that sound right or did I just imagine that (totally possible, I have a very vivid imagination - and I'm getting old so, like ChatGPT, my brain sometimes hallucinates and makes up stuff that sounds reasonable to it but could be gibberish :ROFLMAO: ).

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I think the answer to that one is once the fans get out onto the field the band is told they cannot play anymore. I could be wrong but that's what I thought I read after that game. Does that sound right or did I just imagine that (totally possible, I have a very vivid imagination - and I'm getting old so, like ChatGPT, my brain sometimes hallucinates and makes up stuff that sounds reasonable to it but could be gibberish :ROFLMAO: ).
I do know that once the students were back in the stands they were begging the band (along with some fans like me that hadn't left yet), all to no avail.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
When I was in band, CMo said it was for safety reasons.
Heard the same thing when I was in band. It becomes a crowd control issue. They also didn't let any of the band members go onto the field at all (rushing the field or for the Horse). After the field is rushed, I think the AA is just worried about getting people out of the stadium.