Today's College Football & Athletes

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My biggest advantage was I didn't wear down and it probably wasn't real but I swore I sped up as the game went on. Put me in open field and you might as well stop running. I'd go just fast enough to let you get close just to screw with you but there was no way anyone was catching me.

On off days we played sandlot football. No helmets, no pads, no mouthpiece, no nothing except a pair of sneakers (no cleats) and some ratty old clothes- ones Mom didn't care of the grass stains came our or not.
Yeah man.............do you remember the phrase "okay are we going to play tackle or touch " wonder we didnt get killed.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Mack, we only had two new pairs of Jeans each year at the start of school, so all of our Jeans were basically old. We had to buy the patches that you could stick on; they had some kind of adhesive on the patches. Most of the patches wound up on the knees. By the way, we would start out with the touch football games in the neighborhood, but it didn't last long into the fun before it all became a tackle game.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, we only had two new pairs of Jeans each year at the start of school, so all of our Jeans were basically old. We had to buy the patches that you could stick on; they had some kind of adhesive on the patches. Most of the patches wound up on the knees. By the way, we would start out with the touch football games in the neighborhood, but it didn't last long into the fun before it all became a tackle game.
Yep you had school clothes and Church clothes and a pair of tennis shoes and good lace up shoes......We were supposed to come home and change into beat up things but..........that took too long.I can see those patches now...blue jeans and blue patches..........the good ole days.