Today is early enrollee and transfer move-in day

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Yeah stinger. November, 1935. We enjoyed Dodd years. didn't we? Except punting on 3rd down. LOL. Option football, belly series.
April '35, yep '53 was the return to very limited substitution, if you came out in a quarter you could not go back in until the next quarter. Made the game all about defense, kicking and field position. Dodd was good at it. He was way ahead in recruiting players for just one position on the field and he had just come off a NC '52 and he felt it was Bob Neyland and Fritz Chrysler that teamed up to get the NCAA to make the change because Dodd was about to jump ahead of all of them and they knew it, at least that is what Dodd said or something like that. Expect most on here have never experienced the sort of FB we're talking about, I like today's version much, much better. How 'bout you?

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry, this makes me jealous. Did you know Mot Morrison?
He was a great guy. The highlight of his GT years was the 1954-55(?) season when we beat UK twice . After we beat them in KY, Rupp brought a camera crew down to Atlanta to record the beatdown he was going to give GT, return and show the KY fans. I decided I wasn't going to watch that disaster, so I stayed in my room (Harris?). I had the window open and I kept hearing these load roars. I went to the gym, coildn't get in for the mob, and we beat them again! Rupp sent Morrison the film. When I sat with him on Marta years later he said he still had it. True story.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
He was a great guy. The highlight of his GT years was the 1954-55(?) season when we beat UK twice . After we beat them in KY, Rupp brought a camera crew down to Atlanta to record the beatdown he was going to give GT, return and show the KY fans. I decided I wasn't going to watch that disaster, so I stayed in my room (Harris?). I had the window open and I kept hearing these load roars. I went to the gym, coildn't get in for the mob, and we beat them again! Rupp sent Morrison the film. When I sat with him on Marta years later he said he still had it. True story.
Mot was a one of a kind guy. Very likable. Loved his Yellow Jackets. I was between jobs once and he asked if I would want to work with him in his business. I was headed to grad school and so said no. He passed away a few years later - mid/late 80’s as I recall.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It will be interesting to see how many of the incoming players on D can help. (LB and DL) Spring will be interesting with new DC and some of these newcomers.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see how many of the incoming players on D can help. (LB and DL) Spring will be interesting with new DC and some of these newcomers.
Yep on the Spring BUT -unless new guys are SUPER talents I can't see them making an real impact in next yrs play unless they are in for the Spring. --Ck the recent big impact record on any transfer the first yr.