Today’s the day for Paul Johnson and Ralph Friedgen

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I heard Paul's interview with the media which included Tech, Ga Southern and Navy reporters. He still is so likeable. He did say the 2014 upset in Athens was his favorite all time highlight win ( from the standpoint of Harrison's 53 yard FG and DJ's interception in overtime. ) I think he took the UGA rivalry a little more seriously than he let on. But I am glad Coach Key has laid out his emotions for this game for everyone to know. We all needed to hear this from our coach. Personally, I think about it all the time!
People forget if they ever knew but Johnson was the Hawaii OC and coached the run and shoot offense. And won a maj or Georgia Southern game to come from about five TDs down by throwing the ball on every down.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
People forget if they ever knew but Johnson was the Hawaii OC and coached the run and shoot offense. And won a maj or Georgia Southern game to come from about five TDs down by throwing the ball on every down.

Yup...Garrett Gabriel was the QB. CPJ said he was more of a pro style QB so he adjusted the offense to suit Gabriel's talent. Interesting fact, Dillon Gabriel is his son. Dillon put up MONSTER numbers at UCF before transferring to Oklahoma.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He won the first championship at southern Tracy ham threw for 473 yards. Fruman played 9 men boxes to counter the option so johnson basically said "alright then"

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yup...Garrett Gabriel was the QB. CPJ said he was more of a pro style QB so he adjusted the offense to suit Gabriel's talent. Interesting fact, Dillon Gabriel is his son. Dillon put up MONSTER numbers at UCF before transferring to Oklahoma.
I enjoy watching the films of those teams. If Vad hadn't transferred I think Tech's O would look more like the one at Hawaii. As in:

Ah, what could have been! I was really looking forward to the 2014 season. Then Vad transferred and … Tech goes 11 - 3 and wins the Orange Bowl. Would Vad have done that? We'll never know.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I enjoy watching the films of those teams. If Vad hadn't transferred I think Tech's O would look more like the one at Hawaii. As in:

Ah, what could have been! I was really looking forward to the 2014 season. Then Vad transferred and … Tech goes 11 - 3 and wins the Orange Bowl. Would Vad have done that? We'll never know.

There is no way that Vad Lee would have done what Justin Thomas did. Why do people even wonder about the “what if”?