To all the Vets

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
To all the veterans out there, thank you for sacrificing to allow us to complain about things that dont really matter.

Thank you and God bless.

GIFs201910111140.gif

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
1972 Danang Air Base going on perimeter watch, I was 21. Tech beat Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl 31 to 30. It was an honor to serve the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave......

379659_10202318190297584_569345132_n.jpg
You may have pulled perimeter duty while I exited country. Brought my unit back from 50 miles south west of Danang.
Gt Rotc was a big $ help getting through Gt. Before I left Nixon gave all Vietnam vets 3 month of their service obligation. With that I had less than 90 days remaining, so when I landed at Fort Lewis they said "Lieutenant, you are discharged- go home" . So glad to be in the USA.
Some were not so fortunate and did not return. Every Memorial Day Eagle scouts help my wife and me place flowers on graves of the fallen in combat who are now buried at Barrancas Cementry.
1 year 6 months and 1 day a active duty!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thank you to all who have served and are preparing to do so. You’re sacrifice is beyond my comprehension as a regular civilian, but I appreciate it as best I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Semper Fi,

To this day I remember receiving my care package in Saudi Arabia and it containing VHS tape of GT beating Nebraska to win the National title. I heard they won, but still watched the game like 10 times that week.

We used to get the garbled score messages, ie
UNC 1 dx. 4Ga Tech 1. ,;!

The video tapes would show up and we’d watch them 3-4 times before the next game would show up. Sometimes the tape wound break and we’d scotch tape it together.

Good old days.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
We used to get the garbled score messages, ie
UNC 1 dx. 4Ga Tech 1. ,;!

The video tapes would show up and we’d watch them 3-4 times before the next game would show up. Sometimes the tape wound break and we’d scotch tape it together.

Good old days.

Oh yeah, fun times, best sporting events were in Camp Pendleton squad-bays during the Bird / Magic Lakers / Celtics matchups, we would have 60 Marines watching games on a little 19/20” tv, half for Celtics half for Lakers and it got wild.
Same crowd would watch NCAA tournament and I was only Tech fan, we played Georgetown in tourney, Best GT game ever because the crowd

Sports pre ESPN was the best!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not that it ever officially happened but once a strike group may have gotten completely turned around for 4 hrs to watch GT vs VT. Damn antenna was on the wrong side and couldn’t pick up the satellite otherwise. By God’s good grace no operations interrupted the game.