TN vs FL game thread

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Kelly is going to get paid big bucks if he stays healthy. He's what turned the game around against us. Doesn't go down with first contact and has the speed to go with it.

He reminds me of Duke Johnson......one of those guys who just finds holes.

That said, in the NFL RBs are a dime a dozen.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
There are rumors that Shoop will be demoted or fired that have been going around in Tennessee this week. He may be shown the door very soon
If Butch has to overhaul his staff to save his job he will. It's been said that the new Tennessee AD doesn't want to make any coaching changes anytime soon and CBJ will be safe for the next two seasons no matter what happens. I do think Butch breaks the 8 win barrier by winning 9 games and wind up playing Michigan State or Indiana in the Taxslayer Bowl.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
7-5. Sure losses are Bama, LSU & Vandy. They'll split SC and uga.
Tennessee will beat Vandy at home and I don't think the Lamecocks will win in Knoxville. At the very least Tennessee will be 8-4 and Butch will probably be around until 2020 or maybe 2021. Tennessee has a top 5 recruiting class coming in for 2018 and it wouldn't be a good idea for UT to dump him and have to start over once again.

Milwaukee

Banned
Ok so.... how in the hell don't you have a deep safety. Say what you will about roof but there is no way we let someone get behind us like that.

The insane thing about that play was this: they didn't have ANYONE back. The corners were playing bump and RELEASE at the los. Bump and RELEASE lol. The only reason the safeties got back was because the receivers took them there. Had the recievers not went deep TN would have nobody back...for a hail mary. Just, wow. Horrible coaching.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The insane thing about that play was this: they didn't have ANYONE back. The corners were playing bump and RELEASE at the los. Bump and RELEASE lol. The only reason the safeties got back was because the receivers took them there. Had the recievers not went deep TN would have nobody back...for a hail mary. Just, wow. Horrible coaching.

I know! It floored me when I saw that, looked like they were more concerned with an intermediate route than the only play that could beat them! Both safeties left in man coverage!

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Tennessee will beat Vandy at home and I don't think the Lamecocks will win in Knoxville. At the very least Tennessee will be 8-4 and Butch will probably be around until 2020 or maybe 2021. Tennessee has a top 5 recruiting class coming in for 2018 and it wouldn't be a good idea for UT to dump him and have to start over once again.
I'm not sure why you think UT will wait any longer to make a change. Butch hasn't proven that he can win and he consistently makes poor coaching decisions.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure why you think UT will wait any longer to make a change. Butch hasn't proven that he can win and he consistently makes poor coaching decisions.
From their point of view do you want to possibly stay at an 8-4 level or make a change which could kill a top 5 2018 recruiting class and possibly knock their program back to the level of 2010-2012 under Derek Dooley?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I disagree with this. If it were just an L and I hadn't seen how it all went down I'd agree. But it's a bad loss no matter how you spin it based on what happened.

That's cool. You're allowed to.

I agree it was painful. And we had no business losing that game. But in the eyes of the press (voters...bowl committees...) a loss to a ranked team is not a bad loss.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Georgia State just lost 56-0 to Penn State. They are open on Oct 7 because their game against Memphis was canceled for Memphis to play UCF. Can we schedule them for a playing bye week to get to 12 or would it be bad for us to actually legitimize their program's existence?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Georgia State just lost 56-0 to Penn State. They are open on Oct 7 because their game against Memphis was canceled for Memphis to play UCF. Can we schedule them for a playing bye week to get to 12 or would it be bad for us to actually legitimize their program's existence?

State actually has an internal AA policy not to play either Tech or the dwags until they have existed as a program for 10 years.