Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I remember the swamp yellow pants when CPJ was here. I went to picture day and thought to myself is this a joke?

I even asked someone while there, "This is not what we are wearing for the season, is it?"

And then we had an amazing season in those ugly uniforms.....

Wins are wins. Losses are losses. Uniforms are just a backdrop.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I remember the swamp yellow pants when CPJ was here. I went to picture day and thought to myself is this a joke?

I even asked someone while there, "This is not what we are wearing for the season, is it?"

And then we had an amazing season in those ugly uniforms.....

Wins are wins. Losses are losses. Uniforms are just a backdrop.
Exactly. When we won the Citrus Bowl against Nebraska those blue uniforms became my favorite. I had already started leaning toward them when we beat Southern Cal in them.

Same thing happened years earlier when Bud Carson’s team beat Texas Tech in a bowl. That was the first time I saw the beauty of those white helmets. And I love mustard too.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. When we won the Citrus Bowl against Nebraska those blue uniforms became my favorite. I had already started leaning toward them when we beat Southern Cal in them.

Same thing happened years earlier when Bud Carson’s team beat Texas Tech in a bowl. That was the first time I saw the beauty of those white helmets. And I love mustard too.
I hate mustard but love W’s. If pink camo gets the guys fired up and brings us wins, I can get into that too. 😂

Just win.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Could be a false memory but I thought I remembered that Clint Castleberry liked mustard jerseys.
I don't think he had a choice but when Dodd took over in 1945 (?) One of the first things he did was get rid of the mustard jerseys and put Tech in blue and gold very similar to what Derrick is modeling along with what became the traditional white jerseys at home. Seems back then, home team wore white and visitors wore colored jerseys. My father had a yearbook circa 1948 or so, that showed a color photograph of the team captains for Tech and South Carolina and the Tech players were wearing blue jerseys and gold pants. Don't remember seeing the helmets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Dodd had the team wear white at home games even though normal convention is to wear dark colors at home. Two good reasons: 1) white is cooler in hot sunny games in Atlanta 2) the team would wear the same base jerseys in all the games.

What seemed to be standard in the sixties was white jersey with gold colored pants. I don't remember those teams with anything other than gold helmets.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Dodd had the team wear white at home games even though normal convention is to wear dark colors at home. Two good reasons: 1) white is cooler in hot sunny games in Atlanta 2) the team would wear the same base jerseys in all the games.

What seemed to be standard in the sixties was white jersey with gold colored pants. I don't remember those teams with anything other than gold helmets.
I think the ‘66 team only wore white helmets.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Damn Monroe, don't you know the difference between navy blue and black? Nah, these are not the black watch, maybe the blue watch. Pretty though, I will give them that.
I'm pretty sure these are the Blackwatch jerseys, just with a lot of color adjustment from a filter. We haven't had a blue jersey with white numbers before this year, so if it really is navy in the picture, then it's brand new. I really doubt we would have new jerseys in hand without some hype/release video showing up.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't sure about helmets but Dodd seemed committed to white jerseys. I missed the 66 season while a student. I had a job on Saturdays that year.
Yep. All during the 1950s and early 1960s, Tech wore plain gold helmets with white jerseys, black trim and gold pants. About 1966, Tech started wearing white helmets with white jerseys and gold pants. Don't know the particulars but it was a bit before my time.