Time for the NCAA to give GT Football our ACC trophy back

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Reggie got his Heisman back, now the NCAA needs to do the honorable thing. We need to get our ACC Championship trophy back, they need to compensate us for the scholarships we lost, recruiting visits we couldn't take, etc. How long will it be until the ball-less bastards right their wrong?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Reggie got his Heisman back, now the NCAA needs to do the honorable thing. We need to get our ACC Championship trophy back, they need to compensate us for the scholarships we lost, recruiting visits we couldn't take, etc. How long will it be until the ball-less bastards right their wrong?

Ef the NCAA. We won it. Let them claim otherwise.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

I like the sentiment, but we don’t have anyone with the balls to hang the banner back up so I doubt we even ask. JBatt should have hung it back up last year.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
There were billboards on the freeway in LA saying something to the effect of "Hey NCAA, give Reggie Bush his Heisman back". We need some more media connections like that!

"“Enough is enough,” said Brian Kennedy, founder and chief executive of Regency Outdoor Advertising, whose name graces the USC football practice field."

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
If Reggie Bush gets his Heisman Trophy back despite his breaking of the rules that were current at that time, shouldn’t GT get our Championship reinstated when GT had to forfeit the title due to the player selling his jersey? I mean where will the reinstatements stop? Interesting that the NCAA would start reversing previous judgements. Unless I am totally missing why Bush got it back?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
If Reggie Bush gets his Heisman Trophy back despite his breaking of the rules that were current at that time, shouldn’t GT get our Championship reinstated when GT had to forfeit the title due to the player selling his jersey? I mean where will the reinstatements stop? Interesting that the NCAA would start reversing previous judgements. Unless I am totally missing why Bush got it back?

NCAA doesn't award the Heisman. It's from a private club.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

It was the “school’s” actions that caused the ACC Title to be vacated.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
No it wasn't. It was some butt-hurt investigator who demanded GT to do something that was wrong and unethical.
No GT did not follow the NCAA rules regarding the investigation then hired some dumb *** lawyers who couldn’t come up with a reasonable defense for GT not cooperating.

It was started over Thomas but the clii oh se were not why the Title was vacated.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No GT did not follow the NCAA rules regarding the investigation then hired some dumb *** lawyers who couldn’t come up with a reasonable defense for GT not cooperating.

It was started over Thomas but the clii oh se were not why the Title was vacated.
It was because the investigator told DRad to put Bebe on the shelf for the uga without telling him why and not to tell Morgan Bennett that they wanted to talk to him. That's like telling a husband not to tell his wife a secret about their friends. Ain't gonna happen. DRad did what he should have done and told Johnson. Johnson did what he should have done and told one of his players that he was going to be interviewed by the NCAA. No one did anything wrong or nefarious. DRad defied the investigator who told him not to disclose that Bennett was going to be interviewed, which was the right thing to do. The douchebag investigator had no business telling the AD not to let his head football coach know that one of his players was going to be interviewed by the NCAA. No one was dishonest, but we're not ND, so we got boat-raced.

The whole thing was a sham. The GTAA should brazenly put the 2009 ACC championship trophy in the case and dare the NCAA to say something. there were no NCAA rules regarding investigations.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
It was because the investigator told DRad to put Bebe on the shelf for the uga without telling him why and not to tell Morgan Bennett that they wanted to talk to him. That's like telling a husband not to tell his wife a secret about their friends. Ain't gonna happen. DRad did what he should have done and told Johnson. Johnson did what he should have done and told one of his players that he was going to be interviewed by the NCAA. No one did anything wrong or nefarious. DRad defied the investigator who told him not to disclose that Bennett was going to be interviewed, which was the right thing to do. The douchebag investigator had no business telling the AD not to let his head football coach know that one of his players was going to be interviewed by the NCAA. No one was dishonest, but we're not ND, so we got boat-raced.

The whole thing was a sham. The GTAA should brazenly put the 2009 ACC championship trophy in the case and dare the NCAA to say something. there were no NCAA rules regarding investigations.
And… the lead investigator, who wanted to make Tech an example, played at UNC during the AFAM scam they had running. What a piece of pond scum.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
There were billboards on the freeway in LA saying something to the effect of "Hey NCAA, give Reggie Bush his Heisman back". We need some more media connections like that!

"“Enough is enough,” said Brian Kennedy, founder and chief executive of Regency Outdoor Advertising, whose name graces the USC football practice field."

Need a donor or two for our program like that.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

GT was stupid. If GT had an issue it needed to be addressed with the NCAA Leadership. Ignoring NCAA Instructions in an investigation is a legit issue.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nah, it was an arbitrary demand that was over-reaching. The problem was that our leadership on the Hill had no balls to take it on.

No, it wasn't. GT was given the rules, GT decided not to follow them. GT made a conscious decision to not follow rules. You know what? If a judge or policeman tells you not to do something, and you do it anyways, guess what happens?

Investigation started as something stupid (couple hundred dollars of apparel), GT turned it into something bigger than it should have been. We need to take our gold tinted glasses off.

I don't disagree that our leadership on the Hill has no balls, but leadership also did it to themselves. That seems to be the GT way.

All that said, f&ck the NCAA. GT still won the 2009 Championship on the field.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No, it wasn't. GT was given the rules, GT decided not to follow them. GT made a conscious decision to not follow rules. You know what? If a judge or policeman tells you not to do something, and you do it anyways, guess what happens?

Investigation started as something stupid (couple hundred dollars of apparel), GT turned it into something bigger than it should have been. We need to take our gold tinted glasses off.

I don't disagree that our leadership on the Hill has no balls, but leadership also did it to themselves. That seems to be the GT way.

All that said, f&ck the NCAA. GT still won the 2009 Championship on the field.
If the cop or judge oversteps their bounds, regardless of what they say, you have recourse. You appeal to the governing body and fight it in Court.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If the cop or judge oversteps their bounds, regardless of what they say, you have recourse. You appeal to the governing body and fight it in Court.

If a cop or judge gives you a clear line NOT to cross, there is no discussion, smart people don't cross that line and fight what you feel isn't correct in court. There's a system as you say, you don't take it upon yourself to go outside the system. Stupid people argue that the line is arbitrary and over-reaching and cross that line. GT decided to cross that line and created a separate issue, that issue cost us the "official" 2009 ACC Championship.

You can argue till you're blue in the face about this, the fact remains, GT decided to cross that line and we can't "officially" claim the 2009 ACC Championship that we rightfully won on the field.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If a cop or judge gives you a clear line NOT to cross, there is no discussion, smart people don't cross that line and fight what you feel isn't correct in court. There's a system as you say, you don't take it upon yourself to go outside the system. Stupid people argue that the line is arbitrary and over-reaching and cross that line. GT decided to cross that line and created a separate issue, that issue cost us the "official" 2009 ACC Championship.

You can argue till you're blue in the face about this, the fact remains, GT decided to cross that line and we can't "officially" claim the 2009 ACC Championship that we rightfully won on the field.
You and I can disagree on this. If we followed the bolded section, the United States of America would never have been founded; the Civil Rights Movement would have never occurred. Whenever and wherever you see injustice, you fight it, regardless of how pedestrian it is. When the system is corrupt, you fight the system. The bottom line is our Leadership team were cowards and an entire team suffered because of it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You and I can disagree on this. If we followed the bolded section, the Civil Rights movement would have never occurred. Whenever and wherever you see injustice, you fight it, regardless of how pedestrian it is. The bottom line is our Leadership team were cowards and an entire team suffered because of it.

LOL, the fact that you're trying to compare a minor college sports infraction that got turned into something bigger because someone couldn't follow the rules with the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT is such a desperate reach.

Don't insult the Civil Rights movement and debase it with that comparison. Anyhow, I'm done with this discussion. Have a good night.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
LOL, the fact that you're trying to compare a minor college sports infraction that got turned into something bigger because someone couldn't chose not to follow the rules with the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT is such a desperate reach.

Don't insult the Civil Rights movement and debase it with that comparison. Anyhow, I'm done with this discussion. Have a good night.
Your words, not mine. You can pick and choose as you like, but there are hundreds of other examples. That one just happened to come to mind as I read your post. There was nothing desperate in the choice.

So, I guess for you it depends on how important the issue is, regardless of the ethics. We can agree to disagree. And I'd never insult the Civil Rights Movement.