Time for schadenfreude

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Seems to be a few in here.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Our fan bases have two completely different perspectives.

We believe GT played tough, had a good game-plan, got a lot of breaks, and ultimately did enough to win the game against a good team.

They believe they suck, their QB sucks, their OC sucks, their HC sucks, and above all, GT sucks incredibly.

I’m reminded of someone who often said that things are never as good or bad as they seems

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Not pitt per se, but Michigan State paying mel tucker 95 million guaranteed makes he who is now not to be named contract look brilliant.
That contract was funded by 2 guys whose combined net worth is over 10 billion dollars. They will be fine.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lol. We don't even have 10 guys with 2 billion dollars :) (and by 'guys' I mean rabid Football fans. We've spent the last three decades educating China unfortunately.)
Our grads get promoted and are seldom laid off as the get nice salary till retirement.

If more were fired and had to be creative in their own business to get money we would have way more donations. S IT IS WE NEED A NEW TYOE OF WIDE NET LONG TERM FUND RAISING. LET'S GO AC.
There is hope - the prez traveled w team to Pitt!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think this is important. A president that supports and wants athletics at Tech is a great change and hopefully will make a difference going forward.
I've had this question since Monday. He has been the president for 3 years.

Honest question. I haven't paid attention. His press conference comments on Monday? He seemed serious about giving GTAA his attention & the resources to be much better. Was that "new" coming from him? Or has that been his public stance since 2019 when he took the job?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I've had this question since Monday. He has been the president for 3 years.

Honest question. I haven't paid attention. His press conference comments on Monday? He seemed serious about giving GTAA his attention & the resources to be much better. Was that "new" coming from him? Or has that been his public stance since 2019 when he took the job?
He made some comments about athletics being important to him when he took over, but those comments were mixed in with comments about all the other things he is responsible for.

He hasn't publicly done much directly related to athletics until this week that I remember, but he shouldn't have to. I know that people have complained that some SEC presidents are directly and actively involved in their football programs. They shouldn't have to be. Imagine working in a cubicle in a corporate environment and the president of the company comes into your department to personally monitor how things are operating. Most of the cubicle workers would be thinking that someone must have really effed up for him to be spending a lot of time with them. The only way to be able to manage a large corporation or a large university is to delegate and monitor.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He made some comments about athletics being important to him when he took over, but those comments were mixed in with comments about all the other things he is responsible for.

He hasn't publicly done much directly related to athletics until this week that I remember, but he shouldn't have to. I know that people have complained that some SEC presidents are directly and actively involved in their football programs. They shouldn't have to be. Imagine working in a cubicle in a corporate environment and the president of the company comes into your department to personally monitor how things are operating. Most of the cubicle workers would be thinking that someone must have really effed up for him to be spending a lot of time with them. The only way to be able to manage a large corporation or a large university is to delegate and monitor.
Hard to argue with that. Get lots of ports sent up line and hold lots of meeting is the corporate way. Thats fine if we are doing ok.

However - AC was at the all red bds at uga game. Its been reported he was shocked. He saw that all red report and demanded action. He gave them a chance and continued to embarrass.

As AC said at his press conference, we have a division that is not functioning like the rest of the gt family which is doing great. He own the future of gtaa. I hope he can be creative w some admin stuff

The all red and people laughing at the 4 punt blocks happened while accn/espn are doing planning who is worth putting on tv.

Also, I think AC went with team to pitt support them.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I got to go to the game, and I sat on the home side with my cousin (who is an alum, but doesn't really care about Pitt football). We were right on the goal line and there were maybe 20 people in front of us. Being the band kid that I am, I did my usual yelling on Pitt 3rd and 4th down attempts, and I was the only one yelling on the home side of the field as far as I could tell. After yelling in the band for 4 year, I'd say I'm pretty loud, and every time I started, Pitt fans in front of me would turn and stare at me. My wife thought she heard a lady right in front of us asking her husband to ask me to stop yelling. Eventually, I toned it down a bit (except for Pitt 4th downs) though. It was hilarious every time they turned to see who the crazy fan was yelling. We ended up leaving at halftime since it was raining and cold (I wasn't going to make the other 3 with me stay the whole time), but I'm glad I got to do my part to get the win!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I got to go to the game, and I sat on the home side with my cousin (who is an alum, but doesn't really care about Pitt football). We were right on the goal line and there were maybe 20 people in front of us. Being the band kid that I am, I did my usual yelling on Pitt 3rd and 4th down attempts, and I was the only one yelling on the home side of the field as far as I could tell. After yelling in the band for 4 year, I'd say I'm pretty loud, and every time I started, Pitt fans in front of me would turn and stare at me. My wife thought she heard a lady right in front of us asking her husband to ask me to stop yelling. Eventually, I toned it down a bit (except for Pitt 4th downs) though. It was hilarious every time they turned to see who the crazy fan was yelling. We ended up leaving at halftime since it was raining and cold (I wasn't going to make the other 3 with me stay the whole time), but I'm glad I got to do my part to get the win!
That's what Uber is for. I would have never left, but also would not have made them stay.