THWG

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I’ll try my luck.

THWG, every way every day.

Who gets the start for us? Do we have any hangover from Sunday? This game all matters a LOT to all of us, but how much does it matter compared to the UNC series & ACC tournament when it comes to NCAAs? I think the outcome will not affect our seeding much as long as we don’t take complete nose dive.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I’ll try my luck.

THWG, every way every day.

Who gets the start for us? Do we have any hangover from Sunday? This game all matters a LOT to all of us, but how much does it matter compared to the UNC series & ACC tournament when it comes to NCAAs? I think the outcome will not affect our seeding much as long as we don’t take complete nose dive.
I think we give the ball to Johnny Wholestaff. And, I would tell him he has 35 pitches. Spend them wisely.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tell the lineup... FredJacket is pitching & he needs 20+ runs (of support)... minimum

Makes sense, and I'll pull you after you walk two in a row and put @eokerholm in, then @CINCYMETJACKET, then @Squints, then @THWG, then @LibertyTurns ...........

This game matters for pride but far more to uGag who is on the bubble. D1 wrote this Saturday
1621338030384.png

And uGag plays Ole Miss (rpi of 12 for @FredJacket ) starting Thursday. uGag at 12-15 is sucking sand and has to win at least 2 and maybe sweep to get in the NCAAs. They will be in no mood to waste pitchers on us.

We also want to win Coastal so won't want to waste pitchers on uGag.

All in all, a game both teams would like to cancel to save pitchers. But weather looks good.

So play ball at 1800!

Deleted member 2897

I am okay if we both throw random pitchers at each other and we win 15-10 tonight. As long as we start 15-0 by the 5th inning and give up 10 with 2 outs in their last at-bat. I'm not asking for much.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea no idea who is pitching tonight...just not Cort, I don’t want to be down 5-0 in the first inning. But who else do we have available?

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Yea no idea who is pitching tonight...just not Cort, I don’t want to be down 5-0 in the first inning. But who else do we have available?
Dawson Brown maybe? Has Mannelly ever started. What is we go "off the board" with Will Shirah? He is listed as a RS Sophomore, but I think I remember that he graduated this year? He came in with a lot of hype as I recall, skipping last high school season to start early for the Jackets. Would be a nice "Cinderella" ending for him to go out and beat the DWAGS.

Dawson Brown maybe? Has Mannelly ever started. What is we go "off the board" with Will Shirah? He is listed as a RS Sophomore, but I think I remember that he graduated this year? He came in with a lot of hype as I recall, skipping last high school season to start early for the Jackets. Would be a nice "Cinderella" ending for him to go out and beat the DWAGS.

Would like to see that. Let's roll the dice and start the guy with the 99 era. An out would do his era wonders.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unfortunately, just bad scheduling/timing.
More downside to this game than upside and you don't want to give one away to the Dawgs....

As I wrote, this is worse for them than us. They may have the janitor pitching to save their pitchers for Ole Miss.

Since we expect a high scoring game, it'll probably be 4-3. I've learned that there is little consistency between what I expect and reality.

Anyway, Dal is starting for us ...... and we have our weekend lineup with Parada and Anderson dh. This is a damn good lineup.
1621373045186.png

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Coach Hall says Crawford has had the shoulder bothering him. It got worse in that outing Sun. He (Hall) hopes to get him back at some point, but "shutdown" for now. Said it was similar to what Hurter experienced earlier in year. Tonight... he plans to use many pitchers. Two innings from D.Smith is "best case".

Deleted member 2897

As I wrote, this is worse for them than us. They may have the janitor pitching to save their pitchers for Ole Miss.

Since we expect a high scoring game, it'll probably be 4-3. I've learned that there is little consistency between what I expect and reality.

Anyway, Dal is starting for us ...... and we have our weekend lineup with Parada and Anderson dh. This is a damn good lineup.
View attachment 10554

that’s funny, I was thinking everything is lining up perfectly for a 15-10 game…so it will probably be 4-3. LOL.