Thursday FSU update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said that tailback Karlos Williams (concussion) is out for the Georgia Tech game on Saturday night.

True freshman Dalvin Cook will start, and Fisher said Mario Pender is expected to get more carries. Fisher said Pender had a good week of practice.

Linebacker Terrance Smith (knee) is questionable and Matthew Thomas will start in his place.

"I like the way he is playing right now, doing a really good job," Fisher said.

Fisher said Jameis Winston "has practiced as well this week as he has maybe all year." He attributes that in part to Winston being a competitor and that he had a bad game vs. Florida.

Fisher didn't go into specifics but said coaches have moved some players around on special teams return units.

Fisher said Thursday's practice, as well as those on previous days, was energetic. He likes the way FSU has prepared for Georgia Tech.

"Hopefully we can take that to the field and play well," Fisher said.

Fisher said FSU has to maximize possessions against Georgia Tech's ball-control offense.

Quarterback Jameis Winston present and participating. He is wearing an ankle brace.

Offensive lineman Kareem Are is once again participating.

Defensive end Lorenzo Featherston attempted to participate but then left practice. He wasn't moving well.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I don't give a gnat's behind why we win as long as we win. Do you think they'd take a flyer for beating us short-handed being without Smelter and Snoddy? I think not.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I don't give a gnat's behind why we win as long as we win. Do you think they'd take a flyer for beating us short-handed being without Smelter and Snoddy? I think not.
They don't have to prove anything. They're undefeated. We have 2 losses, so we have to prove a lot. Beating an undefeated FSU at full strength proves A LOT. (in terms of playoff)