Thumping my own chest!!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I'm very pumped about next season. It seems like every year we lose an impact player/players and wonder who will step up and fill in. Every following season...can other guy comes out of nowhere to blow us away. Yes, it's true we have more holes to fill than usual... but most are at the skill positions which I'm of the belief that they are pretty much plug n play. I hope a WR on the roster is able to atleast grab 3rd down passes to keep our % high next year. The defense will improve overall and the teams we have to play are losing key parts also. Clemson and Miami are the ones to look out for next year. The Jackets will have another strong performance next season and we'll enjoy it as much if not more than this one. THWG. Go Jackets!!! Love this team.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I'm very pumped about next season. It seems like every year we lose an impact player/players and wonder who will step up and fill in. Every following season...can other guy comes out of nowhere to blow us away. Yes, it's true we have more holes to fill than usual... but most are at the skill positions which I'm of the belief that they are pretty much plug n play. I hope a WR on the roster is able to atleast grab 3rd down passes to keep our % high next year. The defense will improve overall and the teams we have to play are losing key parts also. Clemson and Miami are the ones to look out for next year. The Jackets will have another strong performance next season and we'll enjoy it as much if not more than this one. THWG. Go Jackets!!! Love this team.
Good reply! There are a couple of positions over the 22 spots. WR is my biggest concern, but I believe after 3 games or so that position will tightened up! Same with BB and AB. The DL. as long as there are no injurys we will be fine. Every other position is ready to go. Once these 3 positions get their 3 games in we are in a great space. Then in 2016 depth in ALL positions will have plenty with NO preseason concerns what so ever!!!! For the first time in my 50 + years no concern anywhere on the field!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Good reply! There are a couple of positions over the 22 spots. WR is my biggest concern, but I believe after 3 games or so that position will tightened up! Same with BB and AB. The DL. as long as there are no injurys we will be fine. Every other position is ready to go. Once these 3 positions get their 3 games in we are in a great space. Then in 2016 depth in ALL positions will have plenty with NO preseason concerns what so ever!!!! For the first time in my 50 + years no concern anywhere on the field!
WR is my #1 concern on offense. If JHD is eligible next season I'll be less concerned about the DT spot... but as of this moment, I am very concerned as to how we will replace Green.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Looking across the league, we have more returning than most, this on the heels of an 11 win season. It especially bodes well when your QB is electric and gaining experience behind a very mature and effective OL. The question for me is, once again, the DL, though, I have to say, I am less worried than I was last season. I don't like looking too far ahead, but the signs are pointing in the right direction. There is continuity in the staff and an impressive looking class coming in as well. Thanks Jayparr!

Boomer,
on the DL, oddly one guy may be the key for next yr (and maybe on the whole team except the Bback position) and he doesn't even play now--JHD--if he plays,,and well,we could improve big on def ,if not then probably not

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
the teams we have to play are losing key parts also. Clemson and Miami are the ones to look out for next year.

a lot of folks seem to overlook this key fact when they're bemoaning the loss of various key GT players and wondering how we will ever overcome said losses. Every team loses a ton of their best players every year. Btw, Clemson returns 4 starters on offense and 2 on defense, Miami 3 on O and 5 on D.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
a lot of folks seem to overlook this key fact when they're bemoaning the loss of various key GT players and wondering how we will ever overcome said losses. Every team loses a ton of their best players every year. Btw, Clemson returns 4 starters on offense and 2 on defense, Miami 3 on O and 5 on D.
Thanks for the reply. You're right. Even some what for 2015. But not near as much as in the past recent and distant past! In 2016 and beyond that will be a thing of the past!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
we'll enjoy it as much if not more than this one. THWG. Go Jackets!!! Love this team.

Have to disagree since I almost don't know how I could enjoy next year more than this one :) Hope I am wrong and next year is even more fun, but seeing the devastated, bewildered look on Dwag fan faces to end the regular season, and making Miss State look like they after they were from the SBC (Sun Belt Conference) instead of the SEC in the final game (in front of a huge TV audience), were both DEEPLY satisfying. To enjoy next year as much I would need at least 12 wins.

In fact, I might need bypass surgery in order to be able to handle enjoying a year more than last year!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Have to disagree since I almost don't know how I could enjoy next year more than this one :) Hope I am wrong and next year is even more fun, but seeing the devastated, bewildered look on Dwag fan faces to end the regular season, and making Miss State look like they after they were from the SBC (Sun Belt Conference) instead of the SEC in the final game (in front of a huge TV audience), were both DEEPLY satisfying. To enjoy next year as much I would need at least 12 wins.

In fact, I might need bypass surgery in order to be able to handle enjoying a year more than last year!
Even better is listening to that U of Ga radio broadcast of the FG and OT somebody posted for the board. I've never been one of those "beat Georgia even if we lose the conference" fans, as it makes no sense to me, but listening to that few minutes, I could almost understand it. Wife said it was the first time she ever thought a human could levitate a house.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I agree that JHD is a big key but I have a lot of confidence in CTR and the rest of the D staff. I think we will improve regardless if JHD plays.
You are showing confidence just as I am. My 9 to 11 wins shows just that. Thanks for the reply!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

Good reply! Remember during the 2015 season's schedule that with 9 wins would really set up 2016 in a HUGE way!!!!!!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
9 wins would be another great year for us.

My friend on the offensive staff said he thinks this year will be a "rebuilding year" and that 2016 should be the special year if we keep progressing.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

My friend on the offensive staff said he thinks this year will be a "rebuilding year" and that 2016 should be the special year if we keep progressing.
Eric, of course you one of the 15 or so of whom I read nearly every word. Thanks for the reply! 9 wins is what i've been saying! Could turn into more! If that type of rebuilding happens then you better believe 2016 is going to make noise all across the nation! Even the media know it alls will HAVE to get on this train of thoughts!! Of course MUSBURGER is already on board!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

They have unit specific water boys, er... hydration engineers? ;)

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
They have unit specific water boys, er... hydration engineers? ;)
ABET certified hydration engineers!

You know, we talk about personel and the backs needing to step up and fill big shoes- I guess I've come to trust the system. After so many players stepping up, you have to say the chances of that result being caused by randomly distributed factors like latent talent and character in a single player are low.

Don't get me wrong: Robbie Godhigh (among many others) has talent and character that make me proud for him to have represented GT to the world. But I think we must have the right system to bring that out over and over.

Win or lose, its going to be a fight every game next year. That makes me more excited than anything, because we do it like Tech. The age when intelligence and discipline may carry the day is not over, and as Tech men take the field we can cheer on a team forged by a system that reflects our highest values. What more could college athletics ever mean?