Thoughts on GA TECH v UGA at Mercedes Benz Every year?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Not stupid at all, seeing as how the object of the game is to win the damn thing, huh? Why give them yet another advantage. Screw the $.
We have lost 10 games in a row in BDS. Im not sure the home field advantage is doing much for us. The difference in money would be substantial and we could keep those cretins off of our campus. If for some odd reason they really wanted to do this then I feel like we would have to consider it.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I listen to the podcasts of the UGA media. Most of their media guys would like to see the Tech series cancelled. The way they see it, the Dawgs get no credit for winning. As late as last week after the Clemson game, several analysts barely had us ranked ahead of Vandy in terms of the teams remaining on their schedule. While we have not been competitive with them since we won in 2016, the Dawgs still see us as some kind of joke team. This has to change this year in Atlanta. The Dawgs can't admit that their run game has been in decline since Coach Pittman left. I believe our 3-3-5 defense can keep us in it. We can't be looking ahead, but it is offensive how the Dawg nation sees Georgia Tech.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I listen to the podcasts of the UGA media. Most of their media guys would like to see the Tech series cancelled. The way they see it, the Dawgs get no credit for winning. As late as last week after the Clemson game, several analysts barely had us ranked ahead of Vandy in terms of the teams remaining on their schedule. While we have not been competitive with them since we won in 2016, the Dawgs still see us as some kind of joke team. This has to change this year in Atlanta. The Dawgs can't admit that their run game has been in decline since Coach Pittman left. I believe our 3-3-5 defense can keep us in it. We can't be looking ahead, but it is offensive how the Dawg nation sees Georgia Tech.
Being in the SEC, they play enough big games to make the CFP every year if they win those games. The truth is that they have little to gain and everything to lose by playing us in our perennially unranked condition . If we beat them or even play them close, we could knock them out of the top four. They are scared of us because, on occasion, we punch them in the mouth and take their season away. We need to punch them in the mouth this year.

Go Jackets!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Being in the SEC, they play enough big games to make the CFP every year if they win those games. The truth is that they have little to gain and everything to lose by playing us in our perennially unranked condition . If we beat them or even play them close, we could knock them out of the top four. They are scared of us because, on occasion, we punch them in the mouth and take their season away. We need to punch them in the mouth this year.

Go Jackets!

This, they have a super easy schedule this year. We need to be the ones to ruin it for them.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
This, they have a super easy schedule this year. We need to be the ones to ruin it for them.
How do you think we would fare with this schedule?
My thoughts on win chance:

Clemson - Lose by 6
UAB - 65%
USCe - 70%
Vandy - 80%
Arkansas - 35%
Auburn - 35%
Kentucky - 70%
Florida - 25%
Missouri - 80%
Tennessee - 65%
Charleston Southern (!) - 95% (but we'd probably lose, 'cause it's what we do it seems)
GT - No way we can beat those guys. They good.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
How do you think we would fare with this schedule?
My thoughts on win chance:

Clemson - Lose by 6
UAB - 65%
USCe - 70%
Vandy - 80%
Arkansas - 35%
Auburn - 35%
Kentucky - 70%
Florida - 25%
Missouri - 80%
Tennessee - 65%
Charleston Southern (!) - 95% (but we'd probably lose, 'cause it's what we do it seems)
GT - No way we can beat those guys. They good.
Auburn ain’t nothing special this year

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is probably a silly question... with UGA already playing an opponent (FLA) permanently at a neutral site...

...but as I watched Saturday night, I did wonder if at MBS v UGA every year is better than the version we're doing now & in the foreseeable future.

Thoughts?
NO!!!!

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I liked playing the game there overall. The venue is top notch.

The AD needs to work on their seating algorthmn. As a season ticket holder, I did not like being stuck in a majorty UNC section. We moved after the first quarter.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Count me in. The Benz is a much better venue overall. BDS is a dump (as is Sanford). Don’t get me wrong, it’s our dump and I love it, but I much rather play @ MBS.

I don't see how they could make more unless they drastically increased the ticket prices. Their stadium holds about 17-20 k more than the Benz and is free.
I have to imagine the plethora of premium seats will make up the $$$

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
What hurts me the most besides losing to them knuckle draggers is seeing so much damn red in our own stadium. If we can't turn that around then I'd just as well play the game in the Benz.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
**** no.

What the hell is wrong with you. Let's trade a home game for a neutral site game with our biggest rival. Genius.

It hasn't been this way forever and people who tell you that are liars. Yes they have always shown up at Bobby Dodd. Only very recently have they outnumbered us. Cancel the whole rivalry if you think we should do this (I almost forgot there are actual Tech fans who actually believe this is a good idea... probably a decent overlap between these fans and those who think we should play the game in MBS).

Some of you don't deserve to be fans of an FBS program steeped in more tradition than the vast majority of other programs, and you really won't deserve it when we are more successful and ride the bandwagon.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is probably a silly question... with UGA already playing an opponent (FLA) permanently at a neutral site...

...but as I watched Saturday night, I did wonder if at MBS v UGA every year is better than the version we're doing now & in the foreseeable future.

Thoughts?
Hell no. Dogs lose money on games in Athens and would take over even more of mbs than they do at bds