Thought and prayers for Mike Leach

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
Latest update seems to portray it’s all I need is a miracle time. Not one to speculate, but they are bringing in the rest of the family now to make some decisions per the University.

213019BC-2271-41A9-A50E-CA7E08CEC93D.jpeg

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There's very few people that I root for in this game outside of our own school's players and coaches. He was one of them. A giant whose shoes will not be filled.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Leach is one of the architects that has helped define modern football on EVERY level. Look at football at the youth level, in HS, in college, and in the NFL. Leach's system and his schemes are everywhere.

Also, if you read on Twitter, he touched lives on every level. It wasn't just about being a head coach for him, but how he could help others regardless of how it benefitted him.

A truly seismic loss.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Dang. I'd hate to be the QB that just went into the Portal and basically blasted Leach on the way out. It may have been 100% earned, but in light of current events, that's an even more bad optic now.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
They lost a player back in October and now they lose the Pirate. Heavy hearts for sure. This one stings as I saw him as a replacement of Corso on Gameday. Hearts go out to the Bulldog Nation.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
If you’re big fans of football, you probably know know Mike Leach and his passing. Up there with Paul Johnson, he was one my favorite personalities in the game and I think played a role in shaping the way it is looked at today.
If you have any favorite memories or clips of him, please leave them below for the people who should know the guy if they like the sport!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well;, this is just awful. I loved Mike Leach as a coach and a person. As Coach Kingsbury said, football "… was better because of Mike Leach and is far less interesting without him." Truer words were never spoken.

I especially feel for the Good Dogs. He was poised to make MSU an SEC power. Since they are my #2 school to root for, I'm devastated for them and for their program.

My favorite quote from him was his response to a reporter who asked him why he kept his first string in a game when Texas Tech was winning by 70 points. Quoth Mike, "It's our job to score. It's their job to stop us." Right on, bro.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate this. I loved listening to Mike Leach and loved listening to stories about Mike Leach. RIP.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Very sad story. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, current and former players and MSU.

Leach was one of the best characters of college football.