Those at the game your thoughts on the good crowd?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Those are Club seats. Do you think they all just hang out in the lounge the entire game? I know the one time I sat down there a couple of years ago, there was a mob in the lounge and apparently couldn't care less about the game. We need their money, but we need them in their seats making noise more.

I have complained about this for years, and I have been scolded. "These folks have $$, and they support the program, but don't expect them to be in their seats consistently." I think that is a shame. I wish we could have people in these seats from the upper deck until they want to come out of the lounge. If they don't want to come out of the lounge, that is fine, but at least let someone sit in the seats for TV and recruiting purposes. Maybe we need some "dummy robots" for these seats. :)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Was impressed with the crowd, especially on the West side.

Understand that those who left after the 3rd quarter got to stand and wait to cross the highway if they were headed east to Marta or get their car. VP Joe Biden's motorcade apparently closed the brides for around 20 minutes.
Make that bridges...not brides [emoji5]

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a "gray beard" but I do have gray hair. @SavhGTMom & I had a ball in the North stands and the crowd was good. We would have stayed until the end but someone was worried about walking back to our hotel so late. From where we were the stands looked good (for a Thursday night) but those empty gold seats were a shame.

We enjoyed meeting @CuseJacket, @OldJacketFan, & @awbuzz and look forward to meeting other GTSwarm members at future events.
It was great meeting you and @SavhGTMom as well!

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
No offense, but that is paramount to saying that they should stop selling tickets to those who hang out in the lounge and drink. If you think it is bad now, turn off the tvs and stop permitting alcohol in the club lounge and see what happens. The next step is to give BG a 10-year deal for $300k a year and fire Paul Johnson because he is no longer affordable. I hear the sentiment, but no matter the problem, you have to accept and work within the system for the solution to work.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Two years ago we had those gold seats and went to every game. There were lots of seats open and we would text my daughter and her boyfriend and they came to sit with us.

What GT could do is give out is give out temp tickets after the first quarter for those seats which haven't shown up. Would be for students and add some life to the area! If the regular ticket holder shows up, the students move.

LibertyTurns

Banned
They should shut down the bar during the game.....and turn off all the TV sets in there.
Bull, I pay for beer during the game & I want beer during the game.

The other thing I pay for is that the old lady can get out of the rain. I will sit in the rain, but she won't & I really don't like going to the games myself. When she got too old to be rained on is when I figured out I needed to spot GT the $$ for the better seats.

Now I'm the guy running up the stairs right as they cut to a commercial and am running back out as soon as I can with my two cold ones (one for me & one the wife lets me drink for her). Maybe GT can start having delivery to the seats (what a novel concept) so the only reason I have to move is to make room for more beer.

Other suggestion I could make is front of the beer line privileges for those sitting outside. That way I'm not delayed by the "inside crowd" parking their butts in the beer line & robbing me of watching a handful of plays.

I'm even ok with moving the club seats up & the non club seats to the bottom.

Just don't even think about taking my beer away. Them's fighting words.

The other thing I pay for is that the old lady can get out of the rain. I will sit in the rain, but she won't & I really don't like going to the games myself. When she got too old to be rained on is when I figured out I needed to spot GT the $$ for the better seats.

Now I'm the guy running up the stairs right as they cut to a commercial and am running back out as soon as I can with my two cold ones (one for me & one the wife lets me drink for her). Maybe GT can start having delivery to the seats (what a novel concept) so the only reason I have to move is to make room for more beer.

Other suggestion I could make is front of the beer line privileges for those sitting outside. That way I'm not delayed by the "inside crowd" parking their butts in the beer line & robbing me of watching a handful of plays.

Well, at least you get your beer and come back out. I like the idea of having front-of-the-line privileges for those who don't plan on lingering, but there's no way you could implement it. I have no problem with those who seek shelter during the rain, but there was no rain during the game Thursday night. I don't know what can be done, but something needs to be. Selling the beer in the seating area maybe???

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow

What if you had top notch food and beverage service directly at your seats? It should be like club level amenities at pro sports events. I've had that type of service at mavericks games, and it wasn't for your bladder you'd never leave your seat.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
If they would allow people to bring the beer back out to their seats it would makes things better. It wouldn't fix all of the issues, but it would help.

The main problem is that a lot of those seats are paid for by big companies around the Atlanta area and used to entertain clients. This is a big reason why there are so many dwag fans in that section when we play them every other year.

The next biggest problem is that a lot of families are in that section and the lobby ends up being full of moms and little kids during the games. This is especially true during the early, hot games. I'm not sure how you remedy this. It's very uncomfortable over there when the sun is beating down on you and shining right in your eyes. It's miserable for little kids.

The last problem is that a lot of the silver spoon crowd treat the game as a social event instead of a football game. They will show up halfway through the 1st quarter (or later) to say hello to their section. They spend most of their time inside having drinks, then they are gone halfway through the 3rd quarter (no matter what the score is) because they are too drunk to stay or because they are out of drink tickets and want to continue drinking elsewhere.

As someone who sits over there, trust me it bothers me and my group just as much if not more than it does anyone looking at it from across the stadium. I hope they find a way to make it better.

Squint

Georgia Tech Fan
In my section 104, the seats next to me are always empty except for big games. I was told last year they were GA Power seats. I tried to buy them and couldn't.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If they would allow people to bring the beer back out to their seats it would makes things better. It wouldn't fix all of the issues, but it would help.
Is this really a rule? I've not been stopped yet but I've only brought beer to my seat a handful of times in the 1 seasson I've had tix (missed A St this year, Miami & Wofford last year). Usually I'm the guy that gets whacked when I even think about skirting a rule. Now that I know I'm going to look guilty as hell & am sure to get caught, kicked out, all my remaining tickets voided, etc.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Is this really a rule? I've not been stopped yet but I've only brought beer to my seat a handful of times in the 1 seasson I've had tix (missed A St this year, Miami & Wofford last year). Usually I'm the guy that gets whacked when I even think about skirting a rule. Now that I know I'm going to look guilty as hell & am sure to get caught, kicked out, all my remaining tickets voided, etc.
Haha don't forget about US marshals gliding down ropes from choppers to apprehend you. I have the same mentality.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

I have heard on more than one occasion an usher tell someone to finish their drink inside and would not let them take it into the stadium. Maybe we just have a grumpy usher in our section. Maybe I'm completely wrong and misheard something, but I always thought that was the case.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
Could i have your fsu ticket then? Just kidding.

SMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
I have heard on more than one occasion an usher tell someone to finish their drink inside and would not let them take it into the stadium. Maybe we just have a grumpy usher in our section. Maybe I'm completely wrong and misheard something, but I always thought that was the case.
Definitely not "allowed" to bring the drinks back into the stadium. Can drink in the tunnel now as well as lounge, but that is supposed to be as far as they'll let you go. Doesn't mean you can't get them in the stadium, either intentionally or not, but the rules be the rules. I definitely feel if this rule was changed you would find more people outside in the seats, but I also don't see the rule being changed.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Even on a mild day, those seats are blazing hot with the sun in your eyes, especially during a noon game. Even early season 4:00 games are damned uncomfortable until the sun drops behind the upper west. Games later in the season and later in the day will help keep people in those seats.