Thomas O'Reily

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thomas O'Reily

He transferred into GT from Auburn and is eligible to play this year.

For those that don't remember he was the number one OL recruit on the board for GT but ended up picking Auburn.

Was a 4* by every site.

Coach Johnson has commented that he's got a ways to go still. I had high hopes for Thomas and was hoping for him to play this year. Looks like he's behind the other guards right now.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Re: Thomas O'Reily

I watched O'Reily some yesterday. He did not distinguish himself. I think he has some potential but he is going to have to learn to play a lot harder. He looks a bit out of shape and looks to be learning how to block. I would not count on him for much this season. Seems to be more of a long term project. I was a bit disapointed since he was in the Auburn program a year and was on the scout team all last year.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Jerry the Jacket said:
I watched O'Reily some yesterday. He did not distinguish himself. I think he has some potential but he is going to have to learn to play a lot harder. He looks a bit out of shape and looks to be learning how to block. I would not count on him for much this season. Seems to be more of a long term project. I was a bit disapointed since he was in the Auburn program a year and was on the scout team all last year.

Go Jackets!
Maybe there's a reason he washed out of Auburn.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

He missed most of last year at Auburn with a injury.

He needs to get in better shape.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer

Honestly, he needs to lose 20 pounds atleast to move better. He has the potential but we will see how his drive is. There seems to be a shift in OL in the past 9 months. Hall (De-comitt), Devine, O'Reilly all are very big boys. Though I haven't seen the Maryland transfer, I have heard he is close to 3 bills as well.

Are we getting bigger on the O-line?