This surprised me.........

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I was scrolling through some IG posts and came across one from the Baaadgers. They had listed all the players they have currently in the NFL.
It was a total of 33 o_O. We have 13 currently. They have not been ultra successful recently. Much better than us, but I didn't realize the margin in the NFL was so great !
This search also prompted me to look up the DWAGs........44. Obviously, winning would cure a lot of this.
I am hoping this game today will lead to a winning season and a (minor) bowl to help us start digging out of the very deep hole we have gotten ourselves into,

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are at 9 NFL players per ESPN. Thank goodness coco made long snapper and Butker us still a place kicker.

By ESPN count we are at bottom of ACC.

I wonder if K White will get drafted?

The lack of course diversity plays into this.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I was scrolling through some IG posts and came across one from the Baaadgers. They had listed all the players they have currently in the NFL.
It was a total of 33 o_O. We have 13 currently. They have not been ultra successful recently. Much better than us, but I didn't realize the margin in the NFL was so great !
This search also prompted me to look up the DWAGs........44. Obviously, winning would cure a lot of this.
I am hoping this game today will lead to a winning season and a (minor) bowl to help us start digging out of the very deep hole we have gotten ourselves into,
There is something that makes this so more than anything else IMO and that is the difference in TO type players, they're generally not as likely to be NFL type material. Other than CPJs first 2/3 years that means we had 10 or so years of not having the type players they want, at least in numbers for sure. I was told that we had 50+ players that they could not even use in what they wanted to do when they got here, we have now worked through most of that it appears and are left with the fits for where we are going, like Charlie Thomas and a few others.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
There is something that makes this so more than anything else IMO and that is the difference in TO type players, they're generally not as likely to be NFL type material. Other than CPJs first 2/3, that means we had 10 or so years of not having the type players they want, at least in numbers for sure. I was told that we had 50+ players that they could not even use in what they wanted to do when they got here, we have now worked through most of that it appears and are left with the fits for where we are going, like Charlie Thomas and a few others.
Good point. I tried to look up to see if our trend had been going up or down, but I could not find it. Anyone ?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Down recently because old gt guys retired

But Harvard went down faster than so they aren't still ahead of us. Well it would be very close if we didn't add 3 this year.