This makes me feel better about A backs

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Any hidden meanings here by Lamar Owens?

“The guys that we have in this group at A-back, they can all run the ball, they can all run routes, they can all catch the ball,” A-backs coach Lamar Owens said. “Our big point of emphasis right now would be to continue to understand our role within the offense and continue to be physical on the perimeter. If we can get those two things down, we’ll see some good things this season.”

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Blocking and knowing where to go and holding onto the ball. Then there's proper pitch relationship and being in sync in space and time with Justin and knowing all the checks at the line on top of what is called in the huddle. Not much to worry about.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
We should change the name of the A-back and B-back to O-back. O as in Offensive Lineman. It seems to me that everyone in our offense except the quarterback is really an Offensive Lineman unless they are in possession of the rock.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Blocking and knowing where to go and holding onto the ball. Then there's proper pitch relationship and being in sync in space and time with Justin and knowing all the checks at the line on top of what is called in the huddle. Not much to worry about.
you act as though millions of flag football teams aren't able to get these things down across the country every year. The hand-wringing about the A-Backs has reached Y2K levels.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
you act as though millions of flag football teams aren't able to get these things down across the country every year. The hand-wringing about the A-Backs has reached Y2K levels.

You're right. I can run the option on my city league flag football team. Can't be that hard, right?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Reading between the lines, it means we have some guys that can tote the rock. That has not always been the case. I remember cringing every time Orwin Smith got banged up.