This is what passes for journalism these days

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
"AP Sports Writers Ralph Russo in New York; Hank Kurz in Virginia; Aaron Beard and Joedy McCreary in North Carolina; Gary Graves in Louisville; Will Graves in Pittsburgh; Pete Iacobelli in South Carolina; and John Raby in West Virginia contributed."

8 writers contributed to that article, and couldn't even wikipedia to see Tech has 4 titles.

How many AP writers does it take to write a factual article? We know it's more than 8.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
i honestly think this article was worse..

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/04/election-day-vote-to-keep-or-fire-coaches/

He says Richt is safe despite losing to two unranked teams this year and not achieving a sniff of a national championship even with the recruiting classes he is bringing in. On the other hand he says CPJ is "uncertain" as of now even though this is definitely one of CPJ's finest coaching jobs since he has been here in spite of all the off season loses. To me, this is some sensationalist writing...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
i honestly think this article was worse..

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/04/election-day-vote-to-keep-or-fire-coaches/

He says Richt is safe despite losing to two unranked teams this year and not achieving a sniff of a national championship even with the recruiting classes he is bringing in. On the other hand he says CPJ is "uncertain" as of now even though this is definitely one of CPJ's finest coaching jobs since he has been here in spite of all the off season loses. To me, this is some sensationalist writing...

I don't disagree but it's an "opinion" piece versus the "factual" piece I brought into here for all to see.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Someone ought to tweet Kekis a picture of the 1990 trophy. The other guys mainly just got quotes from the coaches/teams they cover. It's not their story. But, yeah, Kekis could stand a little refresher. And whoever works the desk at the AJC ought to get a little edumacation of their own.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Reads like someone who knew extremely little about the schools involved, did zero research, and went with the current generic story lines. Yuck.

Like wow it's pretty clear they didn't know or look into the recent history of the teams involved or even the current season! Yuck again.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This opinion is hilarious given the massive gap in recruiting talent when just looking at size and speed when Jrs and Srs in HS:

"North Carolina State wide receiver Bo Hines agrees.

"Obviously, there might be a little bit of gap difference when you analyze recruiting, but it's really not that great," Hines said of Florida State. "I definitely feel like they are a great team, but I feel like we can be in the same position in a couple of years.""

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like a piece of trite writing that I won't bother reading, especially if it is so inaccurate.

Did he also bring up how our offense is not geared for 3rd and long?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Guys, they are talking about AP National Championships. We finished SECOND in the AP vote that year (to a team that got 5 downs to win...). Why would you expect an AP writer to recognize the existence of the coach's poll? You know, the poll where the voters know a thing or two about football?

It's like drinking a Pepsi in the Coke building...or sending a Fedex to UPS.

/

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I was equally annoyed with Tech's omission from the teams that might even dream of competing with FSU:
"And while schools such as Clemson, Miami, Duke, Louisville and North Carolina certainly have the wherewithal to challenge for the conference title, the rest of the teams, including other ACC newcomers Syracuse and Pittsburgh, are looking to crash the part at the top."

Despite the fact that, you know, we have finished in the top half of the ACC for something like 20 straight years, have beaten FSU 2 of the last 3 and played them tight in the ACC championship game just a couple of years ago.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I was equally annoyed with Tech's omission from the teams that might even dream of competing with FSU:
"And while schools such as Clemson, Miami, Duke, Louisville and North Carolina certainly have the wherewithal to challenge for the conference title, the rest of the teams, including other ACC newcomers Syracuse and Pittsburgh, are looking to crash the part at the top."

Despite the fact that, you know, we have finished in the top half of the ACC for something like 20 straight years, have beaten FSU 2 of the last 3 and played them tight in the ACC championship game just a couple of years ago.

It really highlights the fact that for the most part, Tech gets no respect outside of the fanbase. We have a long way to go in order to get that back.