This Game is Big (understatement of the decade)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
For some reason I'm feeling more relaxed about this game than I have any other the last 2 years. Maybe it's because no one expected GT to get this far, no one except Synjyn & our team. No matter the outcome I'm excited to be able to attend my first game this year and to say "WE'RE GOING TO CHARLOTTE!"
Me too. We already have had an astonishingly great season. Anything we do from now on is just icing on the cake. Looking forward to this game more than any in a long time.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Every few years we catch lightning in a bottle. Most years we just get burned by the lightning, but his year we caught it. Based on our history, there's no telling how far it will take us or how long it will last. I tell the younger Tech fans in my family, that being a Tech fan will be a hell of a ride. The ups and downs are thrilling and gut wrenching. You never know when the inflection point is upon you, but you will see some amazing streaks and unexpected championships as a reward for all the heart break. We have been places most college football fans never get to go, and I'm proud and happy of the way we got to those places. Having said all that, I am somewhat in a state of Nirvana right now. Whatever comes Saturday night is wonderful. If we win, we know that we've caught a whole lot of lightning, and we are just in the midst of what will be an amazing ride. If we lose, I think the ride is just shifting gears. Either way, "We'll always have athens".

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
It has been a great year but I wouldn't say whatever comes Sat night is wonderful. If Tech makes mistakes, FSU was able to get up early and dominate, then the talking heads will start saying that Tech is just outclassed athletically. That would not be wonderful. It WILL be wonderful because Tech will give it all they have and if FSU doesn't bring their A game, we will kick their butt!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As as been basically said, every game is BIG. Especially the next one (being played)

Will I be disappointed if we lose any game we play? Heck yes. With that said, I'm very proud of the (our) team!

Winning a conference championship is always big.

Here's to going out and TAKING respect!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is the biggest game of the decade.

At first I tried to down play that in my mind. Probably because high expectations lead to great disappointment. But based on the 20 or so people who told me this week that they wanted GT to win shows we are on the national stage. In fact, the number of people talking about GT football was greater than anytime since CPJ has gotten here.

So given we are being favorably watched by the most people this decade, it is the biggest game of the decade for us so far.

Hopefully next year will be even better with better players. We will just need to keep the work ethic. The amazing thing about this team is how they have continued to get better as the season has gone on. How would the team that struggled with Tulane and Georgia Southern do? Or lost to Fluke at home? That is the lightning in the bottle. And why my avatar is the 1990 team which came from no where to win (and promptly imploded the next year). Being a GT fan is great because we do it the right way with real student athletes, but like most teams you need the hunger and edge to stay.

It's great to be a Yellow Jacket!

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the biggest game of the decade.

At first I tried to down play that in my mind. Probably because high expectations lead to great disappointment. But based on the 20 or so people who told me this week that they wanted GT to win shows we are on the national stage. In fact, the number of people talking about GT football was greater than anytime since CPJ has gotten here.

So given we are being favorably watched by the most people this decade, it is the biggest game of the decade for us so far.

Hopefully next year will be even better with better players. We will just need to keep the work ethic. The amazing thing about this team is how they have continued to get better as the season has gone on. How would the team that struggled with Tulane and Georgia Southern do? Or lost to Fluke at home? That is the lightning in the bottle. And why my avatar is the 1990 team which came from no where to win (and promptly imploded the next year). Being a GT fan is great because we do it the right way with real student athletes, but like most teams you need the hunger and edge to stay.

It's great to be a Yellow Jacket!

Agree wholeheartedly. Note on the "implosion" by the 1991 team. Although the skill players largely remained intact, both lines were decimated by graduation. That's not going to be the case for this team.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Agree wholeheartedly. Note on the "implosion" by the 1991 team. Although the skill players largely remained intact, both lines were decimated by graduation. That's not going to be the case for this team.
To be fair, '91 team was not a bad team. They just had some bad breaks and did not measure up compared to our undefeated season.