Things TFG Might Say During DC Job Interview

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Now that TFG has just been ordained as “Back on the Market”, what is some of the spin he could use to explain his previous body of work?

“Budget too low”
“Not enough effort”
“Dog ate my homework “
etc

Thoughts? Comments?

1700418677822.jpeg

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think whomever posted that picture on this board, should be banned for life!
The “gag reflex” is a powerful thing!!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I'm all for crapping on the guy, it's well deserved, but can we keep it all in one thread at this point?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know we are supposed to pile on here but if he's interviewing for a DC job, he isn't going to be asked the same questions that he would be in a HC interview. I know that isn't much fun but it's the reality. Engineers aren't asked the same questions in an interview process that engineering managers are asked. He might be asked what he learned about being a HC. If he's smart ( or probably being coached by his agent) he would simply say he found out that wasn't his cup of tea, that he was meant t be in a more hands on role rather than in a CEO type position. I say this bc we have all seen people who stepped up into their level of incompetence (see "The Peter Principle").

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I know we are supposed to pile on here but if he's interviewing for a DC job, he isn't going to be asked the same questions that he would be in a HC interview. I know that isn't much fun but it's the reality. Engineers aren't asked the same questions in an interview process that engineering managers are asked. He might be asked what he learned about being a HC. If he's smart ( or probably being coached by his agent) he would simply say he found out that wasn't his cup of tea, that he was meant t be in a more hands on role rather than in a CEO type position. I say this bc we have all seen people who stepped up into their level of incompetence (see "The Peter Principle").
That’s way too serious an answer for this thread! :)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That’s way too serious an answer for this thread! :)
My wife oftentimes has to remind me to "quit being an engineer all the time" frequently. I am not sure if it's a curse or blessing. I do know how my better half would answer though! :)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My wife oftentimes has to remind me to "quit being an engineer all the time" frequently. I am not sure if it's a curse or blessing. I do know how my better half would answer though! :)
I think it is a standard Mars/Venus thing that women often just want to talk about issues and men frequently just want to solve issues. That is probably even worse for men who are engineers. I know it is for me. I don't want to know the entire history of a problem, how that problem is causing stress, or how she feels about the problem. I just want to know what the problem is and work to fix it.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it is a standard Mars/Venus thing that women often just want to talk about issues and men frequently just want to solve issues. That is probably even worse for men who are engineers. I know it is for me. I don't want to know the entire history of a problem, how that problem is causing stress, or how she feels about the problem. I just want to know what the problem is and work to fix it.
So you guys have probably heard what I have heard before: "I don't want you to fix it. I just want you to listen."

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just out of curiosity, how may times am I required to "listen" to the complaint before I am allowed to tune out?
Let's set this up as a word problem (bad pun intended). In this instance, let's let "n" stand for the actual number of times you did actually listen before tuning out. We all know that the domain of n is an integer or whole number represented by either the value 0,1, or 2. {research has proven that most husbands believe that the actual value of n lies in the domain of 8,9 or 10 or even higher. But this is patently false no matter what you might "think" otherwise}. So, to your question, researchers are still quantifying the actual answer. From a purely mathematical standpoint, the minimum would (falsely) appear to be n + 1, but scientists are leaning toward an actual answer closer to (3n + 20) squared. This is coming from the math department at Cambridge (MIT) . The good folks over in Cambridge (UK) feel like the derivate of 2x^3y^2 - 2xyz^5 + 6acdx^6 with respect to x as x approaches 5 from the left is a better approximation. I am following the research closely as a Nobel Prize hinges on the outcome. i fully expect to share this research with my better half, in which case she will ultimately decide what the correct answer is and let me know.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's set this up as a word problem (bad pun intended). In this instance, let's let "n" stand for the actual number of times you did actually listen before tuning out. We all know that the domain of n is an integer or whole number represented by either the value 0,1, or 2. {research has proven that most husbands believe that the actual value of n lies in the domain of 8,9 or 10 or even higher. But this is patently false no matter what you might "think" otherwise}. So, to your question, researchers are still quantifying the actual answer. From a purely mathematical standpoint, the minimum would (falsely) appear to be n + 1, but scientists are leaning toward an actual answer closer to (3n + 20) squared. This is coming from the math department at Cambridge (MIT) . The good folks over in Cambridge (UK) feel like the derivate of 2x^3y^2 - 2xyz^5 + 6acdx^6 with respect to x as x approaches 5 from the left is a better approximation. I am following the research closely as a Nobel Prize hinges on the outcome. i fully expect to share this research with my better half, in which case she will ultimately decide what the correct answer is and let me know.
When your better half decides...please pass along this vital information. Husbands everywhere are standing by! :D

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey! I thought we were supposed to be dumping on Scooter here!
You appear to be a new poster so here's an insider tip. The mods are busy and don't show up down here as much so we don't have their oppresive, hob nailed boots on our necks all the time like we do in the more popular forums. So you don't have to strictly color insides the lines if you know what I am saying. I imagine you got that impression by looking at the FB forum. Our first amendment rights still exist!!! (at least down here anyways!). So talk about Collins, your dog, your Thanksgiving menu or your ex....the opportunities are as big as your imagination. Let yourself dream big!!!! All this plus it's absolutely free. Is this a great country or what. ;)