There is no quit in this team!!!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love this years team. The offense, defense, and special teams played hard, played hard when down two scores, and they played hard to the end. There was no quit in this team. Can we play better, yes and I expect that our players are going back to work on Monday to get better.

Our team fights back to cause a fumble and TD after being demolished in the second half against GSU. The team keeps on fighting after looking at a certain loss against VT to take back the game. The team vanquishes the Miami demons. They take every bad bounce you can expect in a Duke game and miss a win by a foot on a onside kick after being down 3 scores in the fourth. The team continues to fight after being down two scores in the 4th against UNC to take the lead but scores too quickly to finish with a win.

I see a lot of fight in this team! We know this team and we know what to expect the rest of the year. They can win or lose any game left to play. I know I will be there watching and cheering. I will get mad, I will be upset, but I will cheer and root all the way to the end. We expect our players to play to the end, but some of us don't want cheer to the end? Many want to quit the team halfway through a game, but they expect the team to keep on fighting? Do you even have half the heart you expect from the players!

You want to win every game? You want to change the course offerings by Tech? You want to recruit better? You want a different coach? You want better defense or a different offense? That is fine and you have a right to your wants, but how about reaching down and do a man check to see if you have what it takes to cheer for your team at 5 and 2 with no for sure wins the rest of the year. There are no sunshine and rainbows, just a team that will fight to win.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I love this years team. The offense, defense, and special teams played hard, played hard when down two scores, and they played hard to the end. There was no quit in this team. Can we play better, yes and I expect that our players are going back to work on Monday to get better.

Our team fights back to cause a fumble and TD after being demolished in the second half against GSU. The team keeps on fighting after looking at a certain loss against VT to take back the game. The team vanquishes the Miami demons. They take every bad bounce you can expect in a Duke game and miss a win by a foot on a onside kick after being down 3 scores in the fourth. The team continues to fight after being down two scores in the 4th against UNC to take the lead but scores too quickly to finish with a win.

I see a lot of fight in this team! We know this team and we know what to expect the rest of the year. They can win or lose any game left to play. I know I will be there watching and cheering. I will get mad, I will be upset, but I will cheer and root all the way to the end. We expect our players to play to the end, but some of us don't want cheer to the end? Many want to quit the team halfway through a game, but they expect the team to keep on fighting? Do you even have half the heart you expect from the players!

You want to win every game? You want to change the course offerings by Tech? You want to recruit better? You want a different coach? You want better defense or a different offense? That is fine and you have a right to your wants, but how about reaching down and do a man check to see if you have what it takes to cheer for your team at 5 and 2 with no for sure wins the rest of the year. There are no sunshine and rainbows, just a team that will fight to win.
You are spot on about this whole thing. Last year's team or the 2012 team would be lucky to be 2-5 right now because they didn't have the fight this team has. Not downing the other teams or anything but this team regardless of there shortcomings on D are fighters and I enjoy watching them. Ready to go whip Pitts ***!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
LD I appreciate your enthusiasm, I believe the guys play hard. Im always going to watch the team play But I also feel like we are just a mediocre team and is not as enjoyable to watch as some years. Our offense has enough to compete, but not great. Defense is way below competitive, and it really shows against good offenses. I feel like if we were at least doing the things defensively that gave us the best chance to win it would be ok to watch us on defense

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT_B football is not suppose to be enjoyable ;) You should have so much emotion tied up in the game that everything is magnified exponentially that no enjoyment can be had in the moment. Only victory provides relief and a loss floods your soul in misery. I loved to watch the game, but my emotions get in the way of enjoyment at times.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
To put it in perspective, every team UNC has put up points on every team they have played. We just happened to come out on the short end of the deal. Our offense was fun to watch. Justin was selfless yesterday sharing the ball. Yes, the defense needs to play better but they know that.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
LD I appreciate your enthusiasm, I believe the guys play hard. Im always going to watch the team play But I also feel like we are just a mediocre team and is not as enjoyable to watch as some years. Our offense has enough to compete, but not great. Defense is way below competitive, and it really shows against good offenses. I feel like if we were at least doing the things defensively that gave us the best chance to win it would be ok to watch us on defense

What?? This is the best offense we've had since Joe Hamilton, hands-down. 2009 was close, but not as good IMO. Losing sucked, but you can't tell me that game wasn't enjoyable. Frustrating, yes, because I knew we'd lose when Smelter scored on that reverse, but I still enjoyed watching the game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@AE 87 I got your mom right here ;)
You wish. She's 78, but still too much for you.

Seriously though, our team is grown-*** men. When we're reportedly the worst D in 3 and outs, #112 in yds/play, and #115 in pts/drive, our D does not need to be patted on the back. They need to be kicked in the ***.

I'm sick of our players tweeting about a lack of fan support. I'm sick of them tweeting about how good they really are. I'm sick of fans posting as if the worst D in power 5 is not quitting. If anyone needs to do a man check, it's not the fans.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@AE 87 I understand your frustration. Like I said there are no sunshine and rainbows. They did not give up and gave what they had to give to the game. I want them to play better too, but they could have laid down. The D did allow the team to come back from being 2 scores down. I know this is not the D you want, but I want them to come back out next Saturday swinging. Head's hung low and a beat down from fans will get you nothing but a blood letting next Saturday.

I don't think the D is under any delusions on their performance...

As far as twitter... might as well unfollow me as I am going to support my team until they lay down. They fight, I cheer...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@Longestday so to be clear, you think being practically the worst is their best?

Your post suggests that my expecting more is unfair. Imo, it's not about them being the D I want but the D they have the talent to be.

At every level of life, true support encourages you to be your best. It doesn't praise you for being the worst. That only makes sense if you think the worst is their best. Is that what you think?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@AE 87 I don't want this to be about you and me... you have the right to feel and believe however you want. You can be unsatisfied with outcome and effort, that is your right. You have every right not to like others encouraging them as well. You can be a fan and think all you want to think and believe.

I praise them, the whole team, for not quitting, not on outcome. The offense and the willingness of the whole team to fight to the end is the best part about this team.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@AE 87 I don't want this to be about you and me... you have the right to feel and believe however you want. You can be unsatisfied with outcome and effort, that is your right. You have every right not to like others encouraging them as well. You can be a fan and think all you want to think and believe.

I praise them, the whole team, for not quitting, not on outcome. The offense and the willingness of the whole team to fight to the end is the best part about this team.

Forgive me, but I'm from a less touchy-feeley generation of engineers. My football post was not personal between you and me. It was about opinion on our D, not our team but our D.

You also seemed to misunderstand me about encouraging our team. Let's just keep it simple. Answer this question to clarify your point: Do you think practically the worst in the country is their best?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin Thomas looks like Reggie Ball and plays like Joe Hamilton. The OL is made up of young cage fighters. We are now going to just reload on offense, not rebuild for the next few years. The main reason we lost Saturday is that UNC sucks on defense. If they had any sort of defense at all, it would have taken us longer to score on that last drive. Come on Tarholes. Put a respectable D on the field that puts up a fight so we can kick it's butt a little more slowly.